Moscow City Court JW Restriction Verdict Today - 16-Jan-2017

by Da.Furious 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

On JW.org this is the first paragraph on the 12 January news on Russia:

On January 16, 2017, Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia will again seek to counter the decade-long tightening of restrictions on their religious freedom. They will ask the Moscow City Court to rule that a warning against their national headquarters be rescinded as unlawful and unfounded. The warning, issued on March 2, 2016, by Deputy Prosecutor General V. Ya. Grin, threatens to liquidate the Witnesses’ national headquarters if new evidence is discovered of “extremism” that has taken place within a year.

Link: https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/decade-long-attack-religious-freedom-intensifies/

"In about 2 hours from now will starts an historic Court case at the High Court in Moscow.

The brothers have been incriminated as extremist on the base of false proves and the case has escalated to the top Court in Russia.

If the Brothers will win the case it will give some chance to get justice.

If they loose the decision will affect the 400 registered groups in different town in Russia, about 2500 Congregations, they all will be under threat of going under ban.

That would mean that the Kingdom Halls and the Branch with all the material possession could be confiscated and the work would become completely illegal.

We have been asked to pray for the Brothers who are bringing the case in front of the judges and that Jehovah may assist his people.

Today's text is very fitting and gives hope.

We thought to share this so that we can all remember the Brothers and the case in our prayers today.

Whatever will be the outcome it will have a worldwide effect so, may Jehovah's name be exalted."

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

I sincerely hope they will lose and have their religion completely banned in Russia

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

"We have been asked to pray for the Brothers who are bringing the case in front of the judges and that Jehovah may assist his people."

Why should the help always come when the Do-Do has already hit the fan - why couldn't it be prevented prior to escalating to this point? ......................Or will it be spun that this is Jah testing their faith?

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Win or lose, it's win-win for the JWs and Watchtower.

WIN = We are the true religion because the evidence is clear that we are following Jesus who said his followers would be blessed.

LOSE = We are the true religion because the evidence is clear that we are following Jesus who said his followers would be persecuted.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

A part of me admires Russia for planting its boot firmly onto the throat of the WTS.

But I'm not sure it's a good thing.

As others have pointed out, 'persecuting' the WTS will allow them to play the victim.

Governments should attack the WTS over its lax paedophile policies instead.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I do not agree with the approach taken by the Russians. Banning an entire religion has and will never work. You cannot order people what to think.

They should attack a specific idea, namely, the shunning practice. They could use class actions, fines and even prison terms. If they attacked that point and that point alone, I doubt that most JWs would lament themselves as victims of evil persecution when it would be obvious to everyone that their shunning practice is an abusive one.

Think about it a second, you're a an elder and a father, would you enforce the shunning practice if you knew it could send you to jail, away from your family? Would you risk it for that teaching alone?

Once the JWs loose the shunning practice, they will loose most of their coercive power.

• never a jw
    never a jw

How convenient, the Watchtower posts in their website court cases in Russia involving a conflict with JW's, knowing full well that they can find sympathy among most people. But where in their website are the court cases and government investigations from Australia, England, the U.S. regarding child abuse. I guess that they are not likely to get any sympathy by most normal people. Hypocrites!.. and that's actually a very soft adjective for them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ jwleaks...

"Everything is proof we're right! Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - "They should attack a specific idea, namely, the shunning practice. They could use class actions, fines and even prison terms. If they attacked that point and that point alone, I doubt that most JWs would lament themselves as victims of evil persecution when it would be obvious to everyone that their shunning practice is an abusive one.
    Think about it a second, you're a an elder and a father, would you enforce the shunning practice if you knew it could send you to jail, away from your family? Would you risk it for that teaching alone?"

I think you might actually be on to something.

That one's too problematic to try in the West, but I can totally see Putin-led Russia pulling it off.

Lest we forget, this is the administration that gassed a terrorist-held theatre to take out the bad guys, classifying the hostages as expendable, and the Russian public accepted it.

(BTW, I haven't heard of any terrorist-hostage events in Russia since then.)

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

WTS lost!

niceeeee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit