After 52 years a Watchtower slave 9/11 gave me the push I needed to get out.

by new boy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Wayward » According to their doctrines, I'd have been doomed because Jah won't accept any new recruits or returning sheep after the Tribulation starts.

That's the whole idea behind the tribulation according to most Christian religions. Accordingly, God calls prophets, warns mankind and then, if man fails to respond, a tribulation of some sort results. It may be drought, floods, famine, but it's always done to turn people back to God, not to torture them.

Most Christians also see the final tribulation as occurring in Jerusalem. The Beast of Revelation, known in the Old Testament as Gog, will make a seven-year piece treaty with Israel. During the first three and a half years, the Jews will use their temple and reestablish animal sacrifice. After that period, the Beast will finally reveal his true colors and bring down all the nations under his control in an attempt to destroy the Jewish nations once and for all. That's when the so-called tribulation begins. The JWs formulated their key doctrines before Israel was reestablished and as a result wrote the Jewish state out of the equation. They also made the Beast the U.N., even though Ezekiel specifically identifies the nations that would be under his control:

5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops—many people are with you. -Ezekiel 38

This encompasses all the Muslim nations in the region: Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Saudi Arabia, and Ethiopia. So the JW eschatology is flawed before their book is even written.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit