My Brother Called Me Yesterday...

by pale.emperor 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heaven
    Heaven

PE said: He rang me again today. He asked what he thought our dad would think if he were alive today and me being disfellowshipped, and asked do I think he'd talk to me.

Just to be Captain Obvious here for a moment... your bro is definitely having doubts about this religion.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My sons would not listen to me for years although they left with me (JW.org.). Raised in the cult

it was difficult for them. It all changed when one entered college and the other son Coast Guard and

travel the world. All the things I was telling them it came to light and they dropped the shackles of the

WT......

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I worry thatv your brother seems more convinced after the video t ghe an he was before. Cigs or not, they have him in his head, if not his heart. He wants the jw fantasy even tho he knows he can't live it. Just remind him that if he backsides after committing to it, you will be there for him. Does he fully understand that they will reject him like they do you when that happens? [And it will happen]

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I worry thatv your brother seems more convinced after the video t ghe an he was before.

He loves the idea of an end of the world apocalypse/end times/sci-fi kind of story. When he was living his own life, it was a mess, but he genuinely believed in Buddha, angels, the hindu gods, norse gods, aliens building the pyramids, UFO's etc etc etc

Tell him what he wants to hear and he's like putty. But then if you seriously debate with him his ideas fall away. Which i think will happen here.

Cigs or not, they have him in his head, if not his heart. He wants the jw fantasy even tho he knows he can't live it. Just remind him that if he backsides after committing to it, you will be there for him. Does he fully understand that they will reject him like they do you when that happens? [And it will happen]

If he does progress further i will keep reminding him that it only takes one slip up and the elders will be just dying to disfellowship him. And he knows what that means.

I'll keep yis all posted.

• flipper
    flipper

PALE EMPEROR- You handled that brilliantly ! With lots of restraint. Great job. Keep up the good work of supporting your brother and being there for him. He will get a lot more empathy and understanding from you than any JW elders or JW " friends " he thinks he has. You made some VERY good comments that will make him think . Hopefully he will change is mind about getting " baptized " . Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dgeero
    dgeero

I like your approach with your brother. My wife was the same way if I tried to argue with her she would cling tighter. Eventually I stopped bringing religion up altogether and eventually she saw the hypocrisy for herself and did her own research. We are both now out and much happier.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

You're doing great PE. He needs your love and support; it's more than he'll get from the dubs.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

pale.emperor, you are a good brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit