My Brother Called Me Yesterday...

by pale.emperor 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I had an elder tell me he may or may not believe even a positive new report on the witnesses! Yuck.

This is why it's a cult. It's not much different than a religious group that gets secluded in a compound to isolate themselves from external influence. The Org does this as well, from a mental and emotional perspective. They seek to isolate members from reality as well.

• blondie
    blondie

But, then the WTS has sunk themselves with their own words many times. A smoker and a carouser, eh, still, but better than you. More likely he will see their hypocrisy and judgment when he does drop into a goose step right away.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Your pathetic! You have a chance to at least steer your brother away from the cult and you do nothing. Some brother you are. You could of at least steered him to places like this or other internet site about the bible and all its problems or jwfacts something. He's almost asking you to tell you something yet you do nothing. You suck!!!!

• never a jw
    never a jw
    an hour ago

Your pathetic! You have a chance to at least steer your brother away from the cult and you do nothing. Some brother you are. You could of at least steered him to places like this or other internet site about the bible and all its problems or jwfacts something. He's almost asking you to tell you something yet you do nothing. You suck!!!!

Easy crazyguy. Paleemperor knows his situation and his family a lot better than you do. He is acting out of love to his brother. That's good enough for me.

Besides, there are some people who are better off in a cult than out. His brother may be one.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Some people are better off staying in a cult but this guys not in it yet. If your about to fall off a cliff wouldn't you want someone to try to stop you. Joining this cult may result in his brother full on shunning him and possibly making his brother even worse off then he already maybe. People commit suicide because of this cult , lots of them!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Crazyguy, he's also being told that I will try and steer him away. If I start mentioning sites like this and the reasons I'm not a JW any more it would be a red flag to him and it would also be playing right into the JW hands.

I need him to see this for himself, which I've no doubt he will.

I've been called many things, but pathetic I ain't. I know what I'm doing.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ok Pale I'll give that, hope you do. I just hate it when it looks like people are being apathetic. I know what you mean about them trying to steer him away from you and them telling him you'll do this. I would think a statement to the effect of "do your research and look at both sides of the issue before you just believe what one says " would still work with out coming off as trying to stumble him.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@Crazyguy

I think you doing the right thing, maybe perhaps there is some room here, not to bombard him with TTATT materials, but instead to ask thought provoking questions. You actually did some of this already like the question about smoking or worldly friends - this is the right tactic. Make him think about it come to the right conclusion.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

He rang me again today. He asked what he thought our dad would think if he were alive today and me being disfellowshipped, and asked do I think he'd talk to me. My answer:

Me: Well, you need to remember this isn't the religion my dad believed in.

Him: How d'you mean?

Me: Remeber when we'd all do the book study and Watchtower together? He believed that those who saw 1914 would be alive when the great tribulation started. He believed our religion is right to not have logos and that this religion will never ask for money because Jehovah is guiding it. He believed that Jesus was his mediator and that blood transfusions of any kind were unscriptural. Now - each one of them beliefs have been broken or bent. I don't even know if he'd still be a JW.

He didn't answer that. But he just said "I never thought about that".

Little seeds.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well handled PE!

Yes, this religion IS NOT the same one we were all raised in...let alone our parents!

The changes are like the "frog in boiling water" illustration. They have happened so smoothly and slowly to those inside, that they don't even recognise the reality of changes!

Those of us who have jumped out of the water can easily see it boiling away!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit