George Lucas tinkering with Star Wars films

by LoveUniHateExams 56 Replies latest social entertainment

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@neat blue dog: In that case, yes I agree that TLJ was a sloppy, inconsistent, SJW mess with lazy, confused, and amateur writing - exciting only for those individuals who’s intelligence is barely below the functionally retarded.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

_Morpheus:

So you're older than me, sorry I forgot you said you had a son in his 20's.

MeanMrMustard:

Some strong 'trolling' feelings there! I agree it wasn't a masterpiece, at least not PT level.

Back to the OP about the OOT:

Yes, despite the fact that I prefer the special editions most of the time, I still think it's wrong to withhold the originals. They're history, they're significant art, and they shouldn't be allowed to rot but should be preserved and readily available. Disney owns Lucasfilm 100%, so the only real reason they're holding back is a combination of a gentleman's agreement with Lucas and not wanting to anger some fans. Maybe after he passes away, who knows.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@neat blue dog: It wasn’t a masterpiece. Hmmm.

So my wife makes great cakes. Imagine if she made a cake out of broken glass, dog shit, and cyanide. Then I said, “Well, that wasn’t your best cake.”

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There was a lot of licensed books written in the 80 s and probably the 90s that were considered very good. Why Disney couldn’t go to one of these for ideas and a plot is beyond me. Their idiots about to kill a huge franchise if they didn’t already do it with this latest movie.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

MeanMrMustard:

If the cake contained all those things, the remark that followed would be a gross understatement. Of course, having such an opinion about a movie might be called a gross overstatement.

Crazyguy:

Lucas for years said that the novels, etc. weren't part of his personal canon. He was already developing the sequel trilogy before selling to Disney. They changed some things and added alot to flesh it out, but recent releases of the concept art and story treatment show that they're following his basic story beats. Even the prequel trilogy undid some of the material that had been published before it.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

A friend of mine found out that Mark Hamill complained to the director about the role his character would play throughout TLJ. Mark also thought it was wrong to do something particular at the end of the movie. Don't want to spoil it for others. They should have listened to Mark. They're pissin' all over this sacred SCI-FI drama.

• jw07
    jw07

George Lucas has been adding New Light to the previous Star Wars films!!!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    George Lucas has been adding New Light to the previous Star Wars films!!!

Excellent comparison 😂

I guess the OOT is apostate now . . .

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Acluetofindtheuser:

While I think Luke's overall character arc was the right way to go (and so does Hamill if you read all his quotes) I agree that it was taken too far in a few spots. As for the end though, I can't think of a more "sacred" way for it to have happened.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Lucas already tinkered with the movies in the late 90’s. Like them, hate them, just please stop altering them. Move on to the next movie and next trilogy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit