George Lucas tinkering with Star Wars films

by LoveUniHateExams 56 Replies latest social entertainment

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol oh nbd.... now your being purposefully snobbish and ignorant. My first post laid out masterful analysis on where the prequels fell short, plot wise. We can go deeper but im afraid you’d drown. We can talk scene for scene if youd like... lucas is so easy to pick apart its tragic... but then i realized some time ago those who saw the prequals as kids romanticize them blindly. Id bet dollars to pesos your of that group. Nobody who saw them with mature eyes can be impartially positive. Fess up... your 30 and under arnt you.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

then i realized some time ago those who saw the prequals as kids romanticize them blindly - yeah, I did that with TPM in 1999. I was youngish at the time and I initially tried to convince myself it was a masterpiece. Actually, I did it again with TFA in 2015 - "this is great! Now this is proper Star Wars, unlike the prequels ...", all the while ignoring the voice inside me that was screaming "WTF - this is a rip off of A New Hope and Rey is a Mary Sue!"

Most of us have been ripping on Lucas over the prequels and awful changes to the original trilogy - and justifiably so.

But the following is a list of some revisits and changes that are considered worthwhile ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZazcUeA98 ... thoughts?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol i know all to well... my 20 something son swears by the prequels and its fine... he loves star wars in his own way and identified with young ankin who close in age to him. His friends are all the same. Its fine, but they simply arnt master pieces.

I will definitely check out that video when i get home from work. I dont hate the changes whole sale, really the han thing is my major hang up

as an aside, there is fan theory that actually makes the prequels watchable if not even a little entertaining.. consider: obi wan and padime had an affair in between pm and attack of the clones. Theres plenty of evidamce to go along with it and goes a long long way toward making anikins jealousy and anger with obiwan more understandable.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

_Morpheus:

You'd be surprised how many from our generation have a more open viewpoint. The internet can be an echo chamber depending on where you hang out. Look around.

But that's all ultimately irrelevant; if you like something you don't need social validation.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@neat blue dog: Ohhh I see. You were just trolling around a bit. Touché.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ah you didnt answer, npd. Under 30, yes or no

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

MeanMrMustard:

Yes trolling, but I meant it. Not mean spirited though.

_Morpheus:

I thought I did answer, I said "our" generation. To answer your question: No. I grew up with the OOT (not a huge fan at the time) and I didn't even see the prequels when they came out. I later saw all 6 in my late 20s, about 10 years ago and I think that's why I wasn't clouded by nostalgia.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@neat blue dog: Wait, what? You were trolling, but in a sincere way?? How does that work? Uggg, you have been reading that damn postmodernist thread, haven’t you?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Trolling as in trying to initiate responses (that is what it literally means) 😄

Discussion is good, discussion is your friend.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol saying “our generation” wasnt an answer, just for the record ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit