Shunning ? did JEHOVAH shun Satan ?

by smiddy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I don`t know if this has been addressed before , however it appears there is an inconsistency and a big one at that with the practice of shunning with JW`s

Elders / Ministerial Servants look out for the spiritual health of the Congregation , and if they see something they feel is detrimental to the spiritual health of the congregation they are going to act to rectify it,

They take appropiate action where they think is necessary

.However , are they following the example of the GOD JEHOVAH , whom they profess to worship ?

After Adam and Eve failed there test of obedience , JEHOVAH ,virtually shunned them , having no direct contact with them or there offspring for evermore. He dealt with people by means of Prophets etc.

However , the instigator of Adam and Eves disobedience , Satan the Devil , still had the ability to talk one on one with JEHOVAH GOD for centuries later, as described in the book of JOB. And apparently he could still continue to do so up until he was finally outed from Heaven in 1919 or thereabouts ,According to JW beliefs

Another question arises here , Why have humans suffered so much and Satan the Devil not suffered anything anywhere near what we have gone through , yet he was the instigator , the source of all this problem .?

Reviewing all of the above , JEHOVAH GOD , did not shun SATAN the DEVIL until , according to scripture , he tolerated him up in heaven until 1919 when he was ousted according to the G,B, of Jehovah`s Witnesses.,

That`s approximately 6000 years that JEHOVAH GOD tolerated Satan the Devil without shunning him.

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Not only did God continue to speak with the original apostate Satan, Christ himself spoke directly to Satan, and thereafter, spoke to his former spiritual brothers - the apostate angels (demons) on more than one occasion.

Even more relevant (IMO) is the fact that the Gospel accounts provide ample proof that throughout his ministry, Jesus never ceased having conversations about the scriptures with the apostate scribes & Pharisees, whom he condemned in no uncertain terms! (Matthew 23:1-36) He even allowed one to come and visit him and have a Bible discussion! (John 3:1-21)

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Are you trying to look for consistency in the Bible :) HAAAA or any religion for that matter.

Logic is never part of religion.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You all have it wrong!

Every conversation with satan was about "necessary family matters".....

• 1tMakesNoSence
    1tMakesNoSence
    Yeaaa, but see, Jehovah received new light after which he threw Satan out of heaven.

sooooooooo, there, new light, check mate biaaach
  • ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

I feel the Borg, as they continue to try and control, truly needs shunning. Their greatest fear, even more than lack of money, is members still in freely talking with those of us out. We have so much to share.

Just watched Going Clear. Amazing how an organization can control the minds and lives of so many intelligent people.

Hey.... I do not think I am a dummy and I believed it ! I would love to see shunning done away with but do not think it will.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hmmm...it seems to me that Jehovah got his orders, or "new light" from Rartherfraud himself and refined his understanding...giving Satan his marching orders in 1919

I am glad you brought this up Smiddy, how come Adam & Eve (nevermind their innocent kids) - yet to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and bad, in other words innocent of wrong and right - were punished more harshly than the primary malefactor Satan , unless of course it was not satan and only a snake as it actually says

Where is the justice in that?

I shall write a strongly worded letter to my MP, the Queen, the Pope and the GB forthwith

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

other random thoughts:

Presumably good angels shun demons?..

Angels/demons don't have a mediator so satan and all demons are condemned to death as they are sinful, 'bloodguilty', and have no means of reinstatement..

If, as the bible says, adam and eve were subjected to an edenic test of obedience/freewill, (as jesus was tested by satan ) were angels also subjected to a test since they too have 'free will'? if so, how could they be tested?...unless....human creation is itself a test of angels. since presumably there were never any demons or fallen angels prior to man's appearance on earth....oh dear, I appear to be rambling again..!

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper
    Jdub's could say that since Satan and demons have been cast down to the earth and are in Tartarus they have been effectively shunned. All make-believe but that is something I think they could fall back on. Just like even when you are DF'd but official announcement has not been made from the platform, people and elders will still talk to you.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Jesus said not to shun at Matt chapter 5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit