Shunning ? did JEHOVAH shun Satan ?

by smiddy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Not only did God continue to speak with the original apostate Satan,

God also allowed Satan to enter into the midst of the assembled angels, and then allowed him to speak before all.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

He didn't even shun his OWN apostate people of Israel..

Comical how anyone can say shunning is taught in the Bible. Couldn't be easier to prove as a lie.

• krejames
    krejames

As previously mentioned and to answer the OP: Yes Satan and his demons are cast from heaven and in Tartarus so they have been shunned by Jehovah. Any talking to him before that would have been like an elder counselling someone before they get disfellowshipped.

There, did that sound convincing? Ooh I almost felt like a JDub all over again 😂😂

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I don't believe in god or satan so it's hard to get a handle on this now. It's a good question for JWs to be asked though. No doubt, they'd revert to; 'Jesus and Jehovah(tm) can do as they like because of their authority. Even elders can talk to shunned ones. We're right, you're wrong, na na na na naaaaa.'
  • smiddy
    smiddy

bump , for newbies to ponder .over.

• blondie
    blondie

"necessary family business"

what many elders hide behind protected by other elders but

don't let the rank and file do it

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

OKAY, I'M GOING TO PLAY DEVIL'S ADVOCATE HERE.

Assuming Yahweh is the Father and not the Son...which I believe is untrue.

Jehovah, thru shunning, is trying to 1) get the guilty to repent by being ostracized by family and loved ones, and 2) protect the flock from sin. Neither aspect is applicable to him, personally, as 1) Satan is incapable of repenting or being forgiven, and 2) God can't be tempted, neither can he fall.

These being the case, neither side can gain or lose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit