Alligators Infested Waters

by Iamallcool 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Do you know the name of the country where the WT said the brothers walked thru Alligators Infested Waters to go to the assembly, etc? There is no way I will do that for Jehoober! They sound like Rick Fearon.

• sir82
    sir82

Here is one quote:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002206?q=crocodile-infested&p=par

FROM Toronto to Tokyo, from Moscow to Montevideo—several times each week, millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses and their friends stream to their places of worship. These individuals include hardworking family men, exhausted after a long day on the job; industrious wives and mothers accompanied by small children; energetic youths who have spent a day in school; frail older ones whose steps are shortened by aches and pains; courageous widows and orphans; and depressed souls in need of comfort.

These Witnesses of Jehovah use many means of transport—from high-speed bullet trains to donkeys, from cramped subway cars to trucks. Some have to cross crocodile-infested rivers, while others have to put up with the nerve-racking traffic of large cities. Why do all these people put forth so much effort?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do you know the name of the country where the WT said the brothers walked thru Alligators Infested Waters to go to the assembly, etc?

Orlando?

Doc

• prologos
    prologos

There was an assembly hall in South Florida, where the kids fed the alligators in the adjacent lake the free food that was served then. almost like paradise, vegetarians? good thing lake Nazareth was not croc infested when Jesus walked the earth,-- err water.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    Some have to cross crocodile-infested rivers.... Why do all these people put forth so much effort?

• compound complex
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Beware apostagators!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The society always says that witnesses should not feel "guilted" into activity and service, right?

Yet, then in a contradictory manner they trot out those sort of comments that in effect say:

"WELL, you 'first world' slacker! If those witnesses can cross flooded rivers with aligators in them, WHAT EXCUSE have you got for missing service??? HMMM???"

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It amaze me how they (JW) make these extraordinary claims about what the brothers go

through to attend the meetings. I knew a brother a Maya in Central America,

when he attended the mid week meeting he and his family would visit my family and play

the video games after the meeting. So I ask him one day, you are not concern for the safety

for your family while traveling in a dory in alligators infested waters at nights?

He told me he have lived all his life in the bush, it's no big deal. He said he would be more

afraid attending the meetings in the big cities where he may get mugged, he knows the alligators

he was not concern..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'd come to suspect that those stories were bullshit long before I'd faded.

Hell; where I lived, they'd cancel the meeting when it just snowed an inch or two...

(And not even alligator snow. Regular snow.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit