If we just suddenly start talking to DFed people again and use the Canada court video as our argument, what would happen?

by Isambard Crater 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

The JW lawyer clearly stated that disfellowshipping only applies to spiritual association, but everyday family contact is ok.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Link to the video?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thanks Jo-Ho. Watchtowers dishonesty shouldn't surprise any of us but it's still infuriating when you hear naked lies like that.

• waton
    waton

That is a despicable lie. In one of the last midweek meetings, a video was shown, where a mother is commended for not answering a disfellowshipped daughter's dialing her mother. According to this lawyer, the mother should have answered, because how did she know that her daughter did not have bible question? or perhaps wanted to tell her mother that her grandchild had died?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Is that lawyer confirmed as being a JW, and not just a "hired hand?" (just to clarify)

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    FallGuy: Is that lawyer confirmed as being a JW, and not just a "hired hand?" (just to clarify)

David Guan is a Jehovah's Witness (he has been identified as an elder but I am not sure about that - but, of course he is...a special man like that would have some sort of authoritative position in his congregation)

Gnam is a partner in W Glen How and Associates.

W Glen How and Associates has the exact same address as the Canadian Branch office.

More on this thread here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5205868657246208/w-glen-how-associates-llp-who-they

and more here (Gnam represented Bethany Hughes and the WTS back in 2006/7):

https://www.culteducation.com/group/1267-jehovah-s-witnesses/11222-witness-for-the-family.html

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I saw the video, and the commentary of that person towards the former JW is rather ignorant and as judgmental as the WT is. Who is she to judge?

The whole thing is fucked up from every angle.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    scratchme: I saw the video, and the commentary of that person towards the former JW is rather ignorant and as judgmental as the WT is. Who is she to judge?

I agree. Totally.

Not only is she ignorant about Mr. Wall's alleged behavior, she is also pretty ignorant about what the case is actually about. Typically, she just comes to her own conclusions about what the case entails and then trots off to make her own, self-centered report about what was said in court by Gnam.

She made this court case into being about her and her concerns rather than about what this court case really is addressing - the lack of natural justice and the lack of procedural fairness in the WT's judicial system.

• Done
    Done

People get dfd for admitting to being verbally abusive?!?

My ex was convicted in court of domestic violence, reproved twice in the congo and who knows how many times i complained of violence and never dfd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit