Major changes to convention security beginning in 2017

by Edison Trent 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

They have every right to search someone as a condition of entry to their own event. If someone doesn't want to be searched, then don't come in.

JW conventions are a very soft-target with amateur security - if I was ISIS and wanted a spectacular high-casualty attack, what would be better than a christian group all packed into a stadium or stood in crowds outside?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

ratcheting up the fear factor?

One of my last conventions was the international in 2014, despite all the success stories and legends about how well behaved and wonderful witnesses are at these events, these are total iBS. They are probably worse than so-called "worldly" people. Completely disorderly, rude, impatient, and obnoxious.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I don't have an issue with this at all. Every time I go to a major sporting event or concert or even visit places like museums, you have to go through a metal detector. Given issues with terrorists (whatever their motivation), I could certainly see an event like that being an easy target. Just makes sense to me.

Given the way JWs treat former members and break up families, I'm actually surprised that someone hasn't threatened violence or carried it out in the past.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Such security will give them the illusion of persecution. We evil 'apostates' are out to kill them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

- At each entrance, there will be a massive presence of attendants that look at each visitor.
    -There will be pocket checks at the entrance.

LOL!!.....Ya that`s really inviting..

"WatchTower/JW Convention Door Mat"

Image result for Welcome mat go away

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Seems very unlikely. Ha checking 10,000 service bags, good luck.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Good. Lots of nutty deranged ex-JWs. Just check out their disruptive crazy YouTube antics...

Live and let live already.🌞

DY

• snowbird
    snowbird

WT has given people plenty of reasons to dislike JW's.

It is not just ex-JW's, either.

I knew a "worldly" man who blamed WT teaching for breaking up his marriage.

HE. HATED. JEHOVAH'S. WITNESSES.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Honestly, I think they've been very foolish about this in the past. Door to door knockers and Convention attendees have been sitting ducks for whatever nut case they happened to encounter.

Either way, these heightened security measures will be more fodder for their "end times" predictions. "See how bad things are getting friends? Jehovah's people have to be cautious as serpents yet innocent as doves"

The irony of it is, most of them believe they are Jehovah's chosen people and will say that he is protecting them yet on some level they know it's not true, hence the need for these security measures. It's the same sort of reasoning that lets them preach that the end of the system is upon us yet go ahead build a new billion dollar headquarters, claiming they'll need it after Armageddon, even though every factory, resort, hotel, warehouse and home on the planet would be theirs for the taking, afterward.

• Village Idiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit