"You're going to die in Armageddon"

by Jules Saturn 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ironically....

i had this discussion and I said... if there is a god who personifies love I have no doubt that I will be fine at Armageddon because I know my heart, my motives and how I live my life. I said, if my own family wouldn't think I deserved death then how could a just god?

This had an unusual reaction, my sibling very angrily said... "but if I spend decades going to meetings and in the ministry and you don't, that wouldn't be fair for you to survive Armageddon!"

This says it all...

He immediately realised what he said, it wasn't about sovereignty, love, justice, it was actually very unloving, judgmental and illogical.

i also reasoned that I no longer feel comfortable at the idea of everyone on earth perishing and that I would be opposed to a person/leader/God that did it. I explained that I no longer wish to have a wooden cabin in paradise at the cost of billions of people now living dying.

Beautiful cabins in the woods as per WT propaganda, exist now and if I want one that badly I can earn it NOW by working hard. To daily pray that those people who own that land now die so I can go build my own cabin there for free ...would now shame me. I remember JW's regularly picking out the nice houses in the local community that they wanted to one day steal after everyone dies at Armageddon.... how shameful.

Who wants to survive a global genocide on the side of the killer?

Why would they support and pray for a genocide just because they fear being part of it?

Why would a global genocide be appropriate just because a deity says so?

As Hitchens said of the God that would ask you to kill your ownly son on a mountain ... you don't bind him, take him up the hill and sharpen the knives... you tell the God to F Off and Suffer the consequence! ...... any alternate response is that of an unfit parent or human.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Yes, just like the older brother of the prodigal son was not happy about his return

• deegee
    deegee
    Why would a global genocide be appropriate just because a deity says so?

The people whom ISIS is slaughtering to the horror of everyone, including JW’s, would also be slaughtered by God (according to Watchtower) if God were to bring Armageddon right now.

God is about to carry out an act that, should a human carry it out, it would be considered a terrible atrocity.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If someone said I was going to die at Armageddon, I would ask them why they believe an organization that has a 100% failure rate on predictions.

The reality is that I will die of old age (or disease, accident, etc.) just like everyone else since the beginning of time, just like my Jehovah's Witness parent did, even though they believed their whole life that they would live through Armageddon.

Belief does not make things so.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The reality is that I will die of old age (or disease, accident, etc.) just like everyone else since the beginning of time, just like my Jehovah's Witness parent did, even though they believed their whole life that they would live through Armageddon.

That's what I told an elderly family member who was "concerned" that we missed the convention. I'm betting that we will both (I'm 1/2 her age) die long before we have to worry about Armageddon.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

DesirousOfChange:

how did they respond?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

how did they respond?

Mostly silence, but the wheels were turning. I mentioned the post here that noted a Dooms Day warning from a 2800 BC Assyrian artifact and WT's "false alarms" (false prophecies) since the 1800's. This lady is nearly 90yo and realizes there is nothing happening on the World scene that would indicate Armageddon is right there on the horizon. So, yep, she's going to die before The Big A arrives, as did her parents, as did her husband, as did all of her old JW friends (who thought they would walk right into Panda Paradise).

But where else would we go? If JWs are not "right", then who is?

[Brain shuts down.]

But in her situation - life-long JW, now 90yo -- where else would SHE go? I don't want her to change a thing about her life. She's (relatively) happy and comfortable and all of her old bitty friends are in her Kingdumb Hall. That is where she should be for the few short years left. It would do her nor anyone any good for her to take a stand and start being shunned by everyone she knows.

• deegee
    deegee

How can there be Armageddon when God made the following promises after the Flood?

Genesis 8:2:
    "And when the Lord smelled the pleasing odor, the Lord said in his heart, “I will NEVER AGAIN CURSE THE GROUND because of man, for the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; NEITHER WILL I EVER AGAIN DESTROY EVERY LIVING CREATURE as I have done."

Genesis 9:9-17:
    God also made an unconditional covenant with Noah that he will never again destroy the earth by means of a flood (Genesis 9:11).
    It is an “everlasting covenant,”
    between God and Noah, and every generation after him (Genesis 9:12).

God promised to keep this covenant, regardless of what man would subsequently do, regardless of whether man would subsequently continue to sin (hence unconditional
    covenant). It is a covenant not only between God and Noah, but between God and every living creature.

• deegee
    deegee

....continued:

(there is no historical, geological & archaeological evidence to suggest that a global Flood actually occurred)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit