happy people.

by zeb 18 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

I have opened thesite to relate this part of my day.

Yes the JW are such happy people. yeah right... my wife has come home after an extended sunday meeting in a foul mood. To be around her is like feeling your way through barbed wire. This is the case after conventions but I have noticed this angst after normal meetings.

I cant start to guess as to the cause and hell I am not asking either but I am sure getting sick of it.

Yes the house is tidy the washing is done.

You PIMO people any particular announcements that have occurred?

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower

Humm ive wondered if the happy nice JWs were a front or if they really are. They seem genuine. Protestant Christians however i can tell you most of them its a front at church, but that is pretty clear its a front.

Was it just these times or all the time?

I would be depressed when i got home if i had to go to them. Just the one i went to i felt the idea of having to be perfect. Not sure the Apostle Paul would make it, he said "i and the chief of a sinners" and im right there with him.

• VW.org
    VW.org

Some jay dubs have said to me in the past, happy wife happy life. Go and ask her if she wants a massage. Be nice to her for 20 minutes. You might get a peaceful night.

• zeb
    zeb

she wont.

she rejects

and I will we sleep in separate rooms.

• freddo
    freddo

Hi zeb,

I haven't read through your back posts so forgive me for asking but is her "cold shoulder" due to her being a jw and you being anti-jw?

How about saying "I was going to watch a film at the cinema (nice light non-controversial film) do you want to join me?"

She doesn't have to join in conversation much and nor do you but you are doing something together.

Baby steps.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I think Zeb knows his own wife by now. He's not asking for marital advice just wants to know has something happened at the meeting to upset her and do the pimos know.

• freddo
    freddo

You can probably offer him better assistance than me Xanthippe.

• zeb
    zeb

freddo. Jw or anti jw. That will be part of it. We all know how some will gang up to say such little niceties as "You have to get him along you know" thus dumping any responsibility they have or think they have onto the person concerned but many thanks for kind thoughts but Xanthippe is on the mark here. and movies? I ofer to take her to something as you say and its "I don't know if I will like it" and that is fuel for a row but I walk away.

But deep thanks. Yes I was wondering if some thing had gone down at the meeting that's all. many thanks.

Peace.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Counter-Watchtower This thread from three months ago will give you some first-hand insight on the front Jehovah's Witnesses are programmed to put up in order to recruit new members and maintain a happy facade among one another during meeting gatherings. Once they get home and the door clicks shut, the reality is much darker, unfortunately: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5197852651290624/jehovahs-people-happy-people

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if my wife had come home from a meeting in a bad mood--i would have banged my fist on the table and demanded my dinner !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit