What’s your favorite "News" website?

by Wonderment 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

News in general are supposed to be unbiased. But given how commercial and political interests get their tentacles around them, finding a fully unbiased news website is not so easy.

Here in America some would rather trust BBC or Reuters than they do CNN or Fox news. What’s your take? Any favorites?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

No favorites, I go to both ends of the spectrum them decide for myself.

• blownaway
    blownaway

MSNBC is far left propaganda, CNN is leaning left, Fox leans right. There is no real news any more. Its all oped.

• hoser
    hoser

Rebel media

• Simon
    Simon

Most of the MSM is far left, they simply refuse to cover certain stories unless they backup their politics and narrative.

It really comes down to listening to a lot of sources and factoring in the bias they have and their motive for lying to you.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Snopes. In a rare few articles I've detected a slight left bias, but still they lay out enough of the straightforward facts for you to form an opinion regardless of any commentary. Snopes actually helped me a little in waking up, forcing me to exercise my atrophied critical thinking skills, especially in the articles about various urban legends, many of which I learned from JWs.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Drudge Report, Daily Wire, And last, but not least, my favorite: r/the_donald

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Facebook. If it's on there you know it's true because now they are weeding out anything that goes against their agenda, I mean anything that's fake.

I avoid the news as much as possible. My life is much happier. If something catches my attention I'll read a Fox report and a CNN report and a BBC and then see all of the obvious biases and try to get to the facts behind the slanted versions given.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I have none I type in my search engine and do a search when I read about a story to see if I can get more details. I have no favorites it all fake news for the most part when it comes to Trump so you need a couple of sources to try and get a clearer picture.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

I agree with broke back and its not just for trump. There's alot of fake news and has been for quite a long time. Anyone can search on YouTube for the fake CNN Gulf War segment... Crazy stuff. And that was back then..

They're all the same to me though. Taking 'em at face value will cause you to be misled but there's really no way for you get to the bottom of every single story. Either accept that you are being lied to every day and about major events and move on, or pretend like that's not true and... move on.

Or use your uber-wealth and resources to investigate every story until you have covered all the bases and get to the absolute bottom of things.. If you don't get killed first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit