Re the up-coming American election, a pretty interesting video ...

by LoveUniHateExams 17 Replies latest social current

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The a little over half of the U.S. total population lives in about 5 U.S. major metropolitan cities (e.g. Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, etc.). The Electoral College is essential.

I would go so far as to say the U.S. needs a form of Electoral College for electing U.S Senators.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Or an electiral college of counties in a state. We see lots of big cities calling the shots for all the state, starving rural counties.

I am in one of the big western states where the boundaries are prerty much drawn on longitude and latitude lines instead of natural features which would give people economic and social common ground.

• Simon
    Simon
    Yes. And in the same vein, Republicans have been perfectly happy with absentee / mail-in ballots in past.

There's a huge difference between requesting an absentee ballot to mail-in, and them being printed and distributed indiscriminately without proper controls. The former are used for people serving abroad for instance, while the latter are ripe for "ballot harvesting" where they are collected en-mass and completed in people's behalf. The giveaway is the massive turnout, the higher it is the more you know that election fraud is happening (this is a basic measure used by election monitors).

If you believe that they are the same thing because they are both "mailed" then you really aren't paying enough attention to what is going on.

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

The reason the Republicans will lose this election and the Democrats will win the White House is because of D Trump, its not because of J Biden's popularity.

There plain and to the point .

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

a little over half of the U.S. total population lives in about 5 U.S. major metropolitan cities

Can you explain that statement please? From what I can gather the total metropolitan population of the USA’s five largest cities (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston and Phoenix) is about 65 million, which is just under 20% of the total population. What am I missing?

• Simon
    Simon
    From what I can gather the total metropolitan population of the USA’s five largest cities (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston and Phoenix) is about 65 million, which is just under 20% of the total population. What am I missing?

I heard from both Biden and Harris that 220 million Americans died in the last couple of months. So maybe them's all that's left? ;)

BTW: Even if this buffoon was right, would it be appropriate to grin about it? She also seems to smile when describing people being incarcerated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kobpHvr31CY

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Can you explain that statement please. . .the total metropolitan population of the USA’s five largest cities (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston and Phoenix) is about 65 million. What am I missing?

According to Sloe-joe and Kameltoe 222,000,000 people have died in the US in just the last few months. Based on the population of the US in 2019 of 328,200,000 that only leaves 106,200,000 survivors. So of course 65,000,000 is a little over one-half of the US population.

And we all KNOW that Buy-dems and Kameltoe would never make a mistake or lie, would they?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

220,000,000 not 222,000,000.

At least I can admit making a mistake

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit