The Society and 1975.

by Lost in the fog 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Stumbled upon this article - not that the WT Society ever highlighted the date of 1975, but that was brothers running ahead...

w68 8/15 pp. 494-501

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1968602#h=1:0

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The WT's worst enemy is their own literature

• Overrated
    Overrated

WT wrong then and wrong now. WT can never get it right. So much for being Spirit Directed.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    WT wrong then and wrong now. WT can never get it right. So much for being Spirit Directed.

Your name says it all...WT is Overrated by its members/followers!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"Stay alive till '75" was a popular jw slogan in the years leading up to 1975! We were sure that Armageddon would start in 1975.

Now that I'm 73 years old, I'm personally trying to "Stay alive till (I'm) 75!"

just saying!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

35 paragraphs!! Ugh no wonder the meetings seemed to last a half a day!

• Overrated
    Overrated

JW Gonebad- I like your handle. And yes Wt always Overrates it's crap and sucks people in.

• waton
    waton

believe it or not, David Splane has set up the setup for another "75" namely 2075.

do the math, two 100, 101 year olds, overlapping by 20 years each, ( like Fredrick Franz ) = 161 years plus 1914 = 2075.

1925 was a nice year too, with Abraham living in california.

wt,s high fives.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    eyeuse2baduban hour ago

"Stay alive till '75" was a popular jw slogan in the years leading up to 1975! We were sure that Armageddon would start in 1975.

Now that I'm 73 years old, I'm personally trying to "Stay alive till (I'm) 75!"

just saying!

i will be 73 next feb. my old dad managed 94..so thats my target.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Was this what the original article really said, or did they go back and edit it like they’ve done with so many others?

“Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975...”

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit