Pale.Emperor And The Hypnotists

by pale.emperor 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Interesting PE interested to know what's the story with Derrin Brown is he legit?

Programs like that It seem so staged to me and so it's hard to take the subject seriously. But, I know there is more to it than just entertainment, for instance, don't we all go into a mild trance like state just watching TV?

Call me crazy but I find the JWTV broadcasts very "hypnotic" the droning voices, the slow spinning of the globe in the background, the blue set all combine to lull you into a state perfect for suggestion - IF you allow yourself to switch off, go with it and stop thinking critically about what they are saying.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi PaleEmperor, I received your PM BUT I cannot answer any. I haven't been able to answer any PM's for 6 months. I can read but not answer back. Sorry.

I have an important question to ask you but I need an email address from you to ask it.

I hope you don't mind but this is the only way I am allowed at this time...

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

You've done a great service Pale Emperor! Exceedingly informative!

Hypnosis, or hypnotic states, are quite natural and are not inherently evil or wicked. We do indeed experience several varying levels of hypnotic state throughout the course of each day. Those who are "hooked" on TV or Movies experience numerous events. What takes place in the typical Kingdom Hall as the "indoctrination" is methodically doled out can be intensely hypnotic.

Life is Wonderful! We are able to make countless choices as we "feel" the need! We can be and are influenced by "skilled operators!"

Not to worry. We do have the means to "resist" all badness once we have knowledge.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Just remember to use your new powers for good instead of evil.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Interesting PE interested to know what's the story with Derrin Brown is he legit?

Programs like that It seem so staged to me and so it's hard to take the subject seriously. But, I know there is more to it than just entertainment, for instance, don't we all go into a mild trance like state just watching TV?

Derren Brown is legit, but remember when the cameras roll you haven't seen the pre-talk before hand (telling someone what hypnosis is and what it isn't etc). Because if i just walk up to a random stranger in the street and do an induction, unless they've been hypnotized by someone before, they wont know how to go into a trance state. Some people go under then come out after like 2 seconds because they wern't aware it's ok to stay in that state (which is why we use deepeners to keep them there).

There's one Derren uses sometimes where he just puts his hand over someones eyes and says "sleep" and they do. I actually done that one on Saturday. It relies on focusing their attention on something (like a handshake or something) and then the surprise of your hand over their eyes confuses them for a split second and it's in that second you need to give the command because in the confusion the subconscious is looking for the conscious mind to tell it "what should i do?!!" and you saying sleep beats it to it.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ok i read the first book.... pale, im hooked! Its fascinating!! I just need to work up the nerve to try it

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Ok i read the first book.... pale, im hooked! Its fascinating!! I just need to work up the nerve to try it

You should. Very first person i tried it on after reading that book it didnt work, BUT after going to the course in London i know WHY... i hadnt done the pre-talk first, nor got the person to close their eyes.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Lois Lane When someone sends you a pm, and you open it, if you scroll further down you should see a 'send a reply' box to fill out.

Pale. Emperor Facinating post! I'm curious as to who the famous hypnotist was! I would love to know more. But in your opinion, and from any experiences you've heard about, how useful would it be:

a) curing addictions

b) curing, or improving, auto-immune diseases.

The second I ask for myself as I suffer with rheumatoid arthritis and skin issues and was wondering how useful hypnosis would be in helping, as I am sure a negative mental state worsens the condition.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It's odd the doctors mum left after two years over blood - presumably she knew WTs position when she got baptised. Did she just do more research into the issue, or did he not say?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I would love to know more. But in your opinion, and from any experiences you've heard about, how useful would it be:

a) curing addictions

b) curing, or improving, auto-immune diseases.

Addictions, yes definitely. One of the people i was having lunch with quit smoking because he was given the suggestion that cigarettes taste like dog s**t and the smell of cigarette smoke smells like vomit.

Auto-immune diseases, im not sure. But it wouldn't surprise me. One thing we did learn is that the body responds to stress in some strange ways like skin breakouts, blood pressure and other illnesses. And stress isnt even a physical thing, it's in your head. So if one can deal more effectively with stress they'd be better off.

It's odd the doctors mum left after two years over blood - presumably she knew WTs position when she got baptised. Did she just do more research into the issue, or did he not say?

I didn't press further, maybe someone in the family needed one and she left then. I can understand that. But he, being a Dr, was quite exasperated at the very idea of refusing a proven medical treatment in favor of an ancient book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit