Do You Love The Country You Are In or From?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So far, no one wants to renounce their country even if it was very imperfect right from the get go.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Minimus.....Loving your country is a lot like loving your parents. When you are a young child you love them and are convinced they can do no wrong. As you mature and learn more you see them as flawed people you disagree with quite often, but can still love them anyway.

Telling people who see flaws and wish to improve their country to simply leave displays a toddler perspective.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Hell ya I love my Country!

It's the only place that I know that a young 30 year old can have super powers

https://youtu.be/He67qvbaVx8?t=26

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Love the country I'm in, I love the country I'm from too but I wouldn't like to live there right now.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I love the Countryside, the open spaces, the forests, the moors, the sea shores of where I live. I was born in England, I find nothing to be proud of in my Country's History.

I am ashamed of what it has become in recent times, it has allowed Xenophobic Racists to give vent to their nasty ideas and feelings, because the Government itself fosters these things by being Xenophobic and Racist and those in Society who would have hidden this dark side to their character, now feel O.K with giving full exposure for their feelings and beliefs.

There are many good people here, many who feel the same shame as me, let us hope we eventually are able to get a Government that reflects our values of being Humanitarians, who are part of one Race, the Human Race, and part of a Nation that needs to co-operate with other Nations to tackle the problems the World faces.

• titch
    titch

Well, no, I do not really love it or am I proud of it. To begin, I AM a U.S. Citizen, having been born in a city in Southern California in 1954. But I am ambivalent, no, apathetic, towards the United States of America. To me, the U.S.A. just happens to be a geographic location on Planet Earth that I was born inside the boundaries of, by complete accident of birth. I did not "exist" in some "spirit world" before being born, and ask to be sent to Earth, and ask to be placed in the United States of America, when born. It all happened by complete accident, or chance. That's all. Perhaps this has come about as a result of having "anhedonia." Or, "jaded." Or, both. Maybe, I don't know. . But, having stated that, I'll still say.... Best Regards to all...

Titch.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I was born in the USA, still live here. I LOVE my country, and I am proud to be an American. This does not mean everything is perfect here. Because I love this country, it always bothered me to not salute the flag, or stand and sing the anthem. But, as a little kid, I was told God would kill me at Armageddon if I did those things. I wish I knew then it was all 💩. God bless America. 🇺🇸

• minimus
    minimus

We can appreciate that not everything is perfect. Getting back to the parents example, we love our parents. Sure they aren’t perfect but who is??? Social warriors have no clue about fairness and life in the real world.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have never been nationalistic. That is hangover that I have from my J W days. It is not about the U K, or wherever you may be from. We are all citizens of the worlld , one human race. No one country is "the best" .

Economically we are not equal , resources are not available equally some countries have bad governments but I believe all men are basically the same.

Nationalism causes wars and dissent and I abhor it

NB . I shall still watch England play football later today though!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

No one country is "the best" - maybe, but all countries aren't of equal value, surely?

I shall still watch England play football later today though! - Yes!!! Let's give the Germans a damn good thrashing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit