What a waste of money!

by Undecided 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I have often wondered what the statistics would reveal if all judeo-christian-islamic religions were surveyed to find out the ratio of actively humanitarian charitable members versus the self-righteous, organizational, ambitious, pious, zealotic, hypocritical members who make association with any religion insufferable, miserable and overbearing.

I believe that truly spiritual, humanitarian and charitable humans have or will eventually come to the relevation that spiritual fulfillment and satisfaction is more of a personal/natural experience that is enhanced in private introspection. Truth, reality, along with fear and happiness sometimes lie beneath the image we see in the bathroom mirror! It is hard to stare at oneself while asking life's most difficult questions and not avert our eyes elsewhere!

I believe that mankind will continue suffering while seeking to find and place the responsibility and causes of fulfillment and happiness upon other humans. If we are created in someone's image, it must be a single image not a kaleidoscope.

Someday, influential and powerful leaders will realize religion is an empty resource and just a parasite. I say start taxing everything related to religion and drive them to bankruptcy, all of them, epsecially the judeo-christians!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    I believe that truly spiritual, humanitarian and charitable humans have or will eventually come to the relevation that spiritual fulfillment and satisfaction is more of a personal/natural experience that is enhanced in private introspection. Truth, reality, along with fear and happiness sometimes lie beneath the image we see in the bathroom mirror! It is hard to stare at oneself while asking life's most difficult questions and not avert our eyes elsewhere!

well said !

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Merci beaucoup, mon ami!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The experience takes on an added dimention when spirituality is expressed in a public and shared setting. Hence the demand for places of worship, which have upkeep requirements.

Another example of this is anyone who plays a musical instrument. It's totally different playing with others, from playing solo for personal pleasure.
    (I could have taken sex as an example, but I fancied a change )

• talesin
    talesin
    Frenchie, I have always wanted to ask someone so bitter about religion

... hmmm, to me she sounds REALISTIC. Maybe angry, but WTF?

One of the Anglican churches in our city had a fire. The city contributed $350,000 to help rebuild.

THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS OVER 1/4 MILLION $$$$

BUT we can't afford a decent homeless shelter for women, or a skateboarding park for the teens.

These points about MONEY are well taken with moi. We all criticize WTBTS for being money-grubbers. Why should other churches be exempt from the same criticisms.

my 2 cents

tal

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I don't necessarily think churches are a waste of money... but I gotta agree with you, tale, that's a major lack of priorities!

• heathen
    heathen

I suppose we can let rutherford take the credit for the statement , religion is a snare and a rackett , but I was saying that before I knew who the guy was . What really disgusts me is the religious sector now wanting billions of dollars in federal money so they can open rehab centers . These raceteers are now getting into our pockets thru taxation.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What's wrong with rehab centers? (are they something different over there???)

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

There were 18 churches that were on this one road.

Clearly a thriving business!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    One of the Anglican churches in our city had a fire. The city contributed $350,000 to help rebuild.

THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS OVER 1/4 MILLION $$$$

BUT we can't afford a decent homeless shelter for women, or a skateboarding park for the teens.

SO UNFAIR ! How comes ... ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit