So the elders gave my 19 year old daughter a shepharding call depression ensues!

by nowwhat? 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hybridous
    hybridous

This is excellent news: even the "elduhs" don't think the "end" is near. She's got at least 4.5 years to do what she wants and then she can still "repent" and survive armageddon.

Wasn't there a time the jws said a "five year plan" was worldly and unnecessary?

This is great!

'Brother?! A 5 year plan?! Don't you read the Society's literature?! We're in the FINAL PART....of the FINAL PART...of the last days! Who needs a plan THAT long?!'

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I would at least text those brothers and say “thanks a lot for your “encouragement”, my daughter is extremely depressed now. If you can’t build someone up, keep your mouths shut!”

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Perhaps you need to "sincerely" question (to her) how she is supposed to have a "five year plan" IF The End(™) is "upon us". (You know the final minutes of the last days BS). Get her to see their contradiction. Get her to reason on these things. Teach her to question everything. (WARNING: A teenager questioning anything can be a real challenge, but they'll be a wiser adult later.)

DO NOT ATTACK the religion as that will likely cause her to want to defend it or to see you as an adversary. ASK "SINCERE" QUESTIONS and then STFU.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Thanks everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit