So the elders gave my 19 year old daughter a shepharding call depression ensues!

by nowwhat? 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@ Nowwhat...so these elders came to your house to read your daughter the riot act.

i must be missing something here..

You're the head of the house..did the ask you if it was ok ? are you still a PIMO ?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Good question Stan. No the one elder texted her to have a "chat" and meet at a picnic table at the hall. My daughter that he was going to bring his wife along. But it turned out to be 2 elders .

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    My daughter that he was going to bring his wife along. But it turned out to be 2 elders .

Bring the hammer down and tell them that had better NEVER happen again. Your 19yo daughter does not need to be meeting two adult men when they had promised otherwise.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow! The J-Dumbs at the trolley cart while a homeless person huddled nearby... You can’t make that up.

The sad thing is that the R&F would probably learn to run soup kitchen and would be glad to help people. Shit, they could even count that time. Sadly the idiot GB don’t really care about anyone or anything except their delusional future positions as Super Heroes.

DD

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Mind control is the core catalyst cults like the JWS use onto people propagated mostly by fear and power and yes there are wholesome living directions within those controls but you can find those outside of rigid religoius indoctrination.

• hybridous
    hybridous

Bring the hammer down and tell them that had better NEVER happen again. Your 19yo daughter does not need to be meeting two adult men when they had promised otherwise.

AGREE!! This is unacceptable in ANY context.

I would consider contacting them directly and telling them so, in UN-ambiguous terms.

JWs think they can behave in sketchy-ass, weirdo behavior, while in service to their cult.

The well-being of your daughter is WHOLLY, and uncontestedly YOUR BUSINESS, And their ambush shenanigans reek of pretense for abuse.

If you call them, and call them out, out of concern for your daughter...you might put them on the defensive, and that may serve to cool their application of pressure on her.

They damn-well know that sketchy behavior doesn't fly outside of cult-world. From that direction, I would bring your concern for her to bear on them.

• Realbavman
    Realbavman

Yeah, time to call the police or get a lawyer!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

VERY dangerous, heaping criticism on a young person. Even IF they had a say in the youngster's life, and actually cared for her, it's dangerous for emotional and physical well-being. Obviously the cult bozos have no business interfering in her life choices and her struggle to get an education. She is under enough pressure and does not need to be inundated with nonsense and overwhelmed with opinions of insignificant, ridiculous nobodies who need a huge dose of Mind Their Own Business.

• Dubfounded_12
    Dubfounded_12

It’s disgusting that these jumped up window cleaners think that they are trained in any way whatsoever.

I’m so sorry that they made your daughter feel the way she does. Unfortunately until she sees the light and realizes these idiots are just on a power trip, there isn’t a whole lot that can be done.

• La Capra
    La Capra

The Elduh's told her she need a 5 year plan to pioneer, learn a foreign language and or serve where the need is great.

This is excellent news: even the "elduhs" don't think the "end" is near. She's got at least 4.5 years to do what she wants and then she can still "repent" and survive armageddon.

Wasn't there a time the jws said a "five year plan" was worldly and unnecessary?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit