A possible reason why the GB are becoming more demanding as things worsen

by Listener 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Basically because they feel they are not being blessed.

I don't think they were ever really "blessed". Here it is over a hundred years later and they still haven't spread the word world wide even though television and radio cold have done the job decades ago. They wouldn't have had to have factories, printing presses and thousands of Bethelites if they'd have used their funds in those mediums to spread the word instead of printing endless books.

What's happening now is people are daring to question and it's easy for them to verify the information they are getting, from the privacy of their own homes. A tighter hold is needed to stop them from doing that. At the same time, they need to get off their horse and make being a JW more doable for today's world.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wish I took a note of it, but there was a GB talk transcribed on here a week or so ago, where he said that the organisation will only prosper if there is obedience. I thought that was a pretty significant comment to make. In other words it sounds like they are preparing to blame decline or lack of success on lack of obedience.

When an organisation goes wrong the leaders can chose either to blame themselves and try to fix the problems, or else blame their subordinates and use discipline and sackings.

The current GB certainly seem like the types to reach for the latter.

• careful
    careful
    SBF, they have a precedent. This is exactly what Fred Franz did after the built up the R&F for Armag. coming in 1975.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

You make a good point their SBF the organization has always blamed the rank and file for their failures

It has never been the fault of the governing body , always the lack of faith , or the lack of witnessing enough , or the lack of prayer , that Armageddon has not come yet .

It has always been the rank and files fault ,

The average Jehovah`s Witness , that spends there own time , money ,resources , to preach hours upon hours going from door to door a theology /interpretation of the Bible that keeps ever changing every few years

If the Almighty Jehovah God approved the Jehovah`s Witnesses /the IBSA as they were known in those days as his chosen people , why don`t they believe those same things today ?.

They don`t and nothing like it .

And if they are approved today for what they believe in , they couldn`t have been approved in 1919 for what they believed then .

The only alternative you can come to is it is just another American man made religion of the time , such as the Christadelphians ,Christian Scientist , Mormons ,(Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints ) Assembly of God , Seventh Day Adventists ,Bereoan Bible Students Association .2nd Adventists , Millerites , Exclusive Brethren , etc. etc. ,there were so many more.

And the Watchtower Society /Jehovah`s Witnesses have not proved to be any better than any of those mentioned in either morality as a group of people , or prophecy predictions.that have come to pass.

smiddy

• DJS
    DJS
    The Dark Lords are following a well known pattern of behavior exhibited by cult leaders when they are stressed by external forces. Sourced by "Why Bad Men Do What Good Men Dream - A Forensic Psychiatrist Illuminates the Darker Side of Human Behavior" by Robert I. Simon, M.D.

This illustrates the grave concern for why Warwick and Chemsford are being built. This would appear to bode ill for this hate filled cult led by its narcissistic, hateful, delusional leaders.

When cult leaders are isolated from the normalizing influences of other communities, they are subject to mutual validation between themselves and their members. The leaders grandiose conception of self, and the fears, paranoia and sense of an apocalyptic vision waiting to be fulfilled, are all mirrored back to them and further distort the mental processes. When the cult is under siege, e.g. Branch Davidians, Jim Jones, fact and fantasy begin to merge. All the deviant mental processes are heightened.

As the end approach, Koresh's and Jones' behavior became more erratic. When cult members were exhausted Koresh raced through the dorms, ringing a loud bell and beginning marathon Bible study sessions because of the 'urgency' of the times and threats against them (sound familiar Dubs - and don't you get sick of hearing the word 'urgent'?).

Psychotic cult leaders blur the boundaries between reality and fantasy, exhibiting grandiose ideas about themselves, persecutory beliefs and a conviction that the end of the world is nigh. The Dark Lords have THE most delusional fantasy of all, as they and only they are being used by god to bring about complete destruction of planet earth save the few Dubs hiding in the ark.

All of these personality traits become exacerbated as cataclysmic psychological stress takes hold and the cult's end draws nearer, and these reactions are also intensified by the psychology of the cult as a group. The good-bad splitting occurs on a wider basis; the world is divided into us and them, the outside seen as threatening and evil and the cult inside as threatened and good. In other words, they circle the wagons; they eat their own.

Hitler, Jim Jones, Koresh and the Dark Lords are essentially the same entities.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

DJS " The dark lords are following...."

The Rebel : D B " but the little green wheels are FOLLOWING me, Oh no not again...I never done good things, I never done bad things....I never did anything out of the blue....

The Rebel.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Great Post DJS, thanks.

I wonder if they will actually go right over the top, lethally looney, or hang on by their finger tips until a new generation of Dark Lords take over.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

DJS you make good points and I think Jackson's testimony to the commission was interesting on precisely this point. There was a rare opportunity there to gauge to what extent they buy into their own bullshit. And the results were somewhat inconclusive I would say.

I'd be really interested to know others' opinions. On the one hand he groaned on about "impressive" translation statistics as if anyone outside the organisation is interested. Real lack of self-awareness there. Plus the token regard for victims undermined by not concerning himself with the details of the case. On the other hand he seemed aware enough that shunning and certain other policies would look bad unless they sugar coated it a bit. So there was a bit of self awareness and conscious deception going on there.

I'm curious whether others think there is enough evidence there to judge if the GB are conscious deceives or whether they are genuinely deluded in their own bubble. I'm not sure one way or the other. It could be a complex mixture of both, of course. Also varying between the different individuals.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Your material things, you no longer need them, the GT is about to begin.

Satements right off the top like these. Desperate attempts at money perhaps.

People are saying more and more that they hear the term Last Days less and less now, and the GT is no longer around the corner, but maybe we are all ready there.

Perhaps getting the sheeple to obey strange instructions.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Great thread OP and thank-you DJS for your valuable insight. I have always felt the same way but could not articulate it as well. The next few months years shall be interesting in WT land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit