A possible reason why the GB are becoming more demanding as things worsen

by Listener 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

Basically because they feel they are not being blessed.

This is not to say that all GB members feel this way. The power hungry ones love getting the whip out. The other members incorrectly look to the old testament for answers.

They are telling the sheep to be faithful, dedicated, self sacrificing, serving to the fullest, whole hearted and obedient. Most articles and videos are telling the sheep to give more. More of their time to field service, the building work, to study, reaching out, giving more money, not to have children and not to spend more than a couple of years in higher education
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Most articles and videos are telling the sheep to give more. More of their time to field service, the building work, to study, reaching out, giving more money, not to have children and not to spend more than a couple of years in higher education

Correction. They are NOT telling people not to spend more than a couple of years in higher education, but rather they are telling people NOT to go for higher education at all!

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

does anyone in that organization look around and wonder why after all these years, they are still nagging about all that shit? I mean to constantly have to 'remind' people to DO DO DO, should make a person think somethings up.

I mean, if someone is sitting at a meeting, and reading that and thinks, 'Gee I do all this, I don't need to be reminded' they should start to think, 'gee, so that suggests there must be so many 'others' that aren't doing their best, but I know thats not the case.'

Now think, HOW would the 'society' know that, unless elders were reporting that their congregation is lacking in effort?? are they spies in the homes of JWs? do they know what problems people face every day? financial, health, ect? just life in general.

no of course not. they have not a clue how it is on the outside. how dare they push. are they spending 40 + hours a week working, coming home to a family, and then having to prepare for 'service and meetings' taking up all the time with the family? no they dont.

and if you are an elder, you know how difficult it is, and are most likely not going to 'rat out' another stressed out person. seriously, how the hell do they arrive at such a conclusion that all Jws need these constant nagging reminders?

people are getting real tired of the accusations and greed.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I believe the org has to see the writing on the wall. Some of the higher-ups have to realize that they've peaked out. I believe that's why they 'fired' Bethelites and special pioneers and DO's, they're selling off Brooklyn property and other property, they're building their new compound, etc.

I believe they're trying to get as much money as they can now to ensure their survival. I think they're stressing baptism of young ones in a desperate effort to lock members in and keep their numbers up.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To add to Magnum's comment, what is causing prevailing stress and slight paranoia within the WTS's leaders is that the internet with all of its easy accessible information about the Watchtower Corporation/JWS is damaging toward how the WTS built itself upon, pertaining to its long standing professed doctrines, all coming at a time when these old doctrines were starting to show their falsity.

The WTS played the game of Armageddon soon, mankind is living in the last days since 1914 for such a long time, the organization's core doctrines are now starting to show their inaccuracy or improbability.

Its an assured probability that the WTS leaders (GB) are aware of how this organization was built upon in its structural history, from that self awareness it would assumable to say the GB are moving the organization into both a short term and long term survival mode, if I was in their place I might too.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The GB and this organization is loosing it's credibility. I think once they took the generation teaching and came up with the preposterous teaching of overlapping generation, the scales started falling off. People are scratching their heads. The crazy Anthony Morris zone talk also pissed so many off. They (GB) are shooting themselves in the foot, they are doing it to themselves. It's a pleasure to watch.

Now every time there is a new JW broadcast they talk about $. Many are thinking...WTF!

• freddo
    freddo

It's like watching a game of chess where the GB are down to a rook (D'fing), a knight (jw dot org) and a few pawns. (elder and CO enforcers)

They fight tooth and nail, they put up defences but they are facing a pair of rooks and a queen (financial issues, false promises creating apathy and child abuse exposure) which are circling and taking a pawn here and there and are slowly but surely backing them into a corner.

It's a slow game but it's finally going in the right direction.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

They are getting more demanding because it's the only way they know how to operate. The Watchtower has made it's empire off of the gullibility and free labor of others, which is the grass roots of their business model, after 135+ years of running things this way it is kind of hard to change. I think the only alternative they have is to put the pedal to the metal and bare down on every bit of free labor they can get till the shebang goes belly up.

As far as the organization in the future turning over a new leaf and becoming enlightened to their own short comings and throwing in the towels so to speak, it will never happen.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A possible reason why the GB are becoming more demanding as things worsen

.......................WE BELIEVE WE`RE..

....http://fcfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/archives/PICTURES/OTHERPIX/fof-invincible-0606.gif

....Image result for JW.org broadcasting

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been indulgently corrupt in its operations as a religious publishing house.

An organization of exploitation, opportunistic lying and deceiving the general public as a publishing organization,

not just any publishing house but one selectively chosen by God himself .

The reality is that many JWS are starting to Awaken toward that very realization.

There's a true irony appearing now that the WTS/JWS are taking the position in fighting against the " The Truth " .

Was it just a plausible coincidence that Jesus's taking his heaven position occurred right at the time the WTS started to printing its articles ? ...... ummmm ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit