Will you ever meet God or Jesus?

by freedom96 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Yes, I will meet Jesus and God.

I will meet Jesus eons prior to meeting God, but I will eventually meet God too.

There are many heavens. Who ever said that God resided in the first one?

Frank Tyrrell

• Joker10
    Joker10

Nobody is answering freedom96. I personally don't thing there's a reward for people who like to be independent like Eve and Adam.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

I guess that you who plan to meet god and his son, will share his attentions with the billions upon billions of your fellow humans who have been transformed to spirit creatures.

After meeting up, what will you be doing? Roaming around heaven looking for new friends, or seeking out former associates, family members?

Is your heaven really nothing more than an a different version of what the wtbs teaches about 'eternal life on a paradise earth'?

Tell me what is so different about these two concepts? Why the belief in one or the other is in any way more convincing?

Danny

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    been transformed to spirit creatures.

maybe it's just me (never been a dub), but whenever I see the phrase 'spirit creature' on this board it reminds me of some old 50's "B" horror flick....... just thinking outloud... please continue>>>>>

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

I don't think so!!!! Visit Smiley Central!

OCW

• Hamas
    Hamas

lol, thats a good one

I like the one about the Rabbi and the Goldfish.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I believe there is a God. I also choose to believe the Bible's depiction of Jesus as his son. After that, I'm unsure what to believe, especially with regards to the afterlife. I would like to meet this person, as I have many questions for him.

It seems to me the existence of God can be neither proven or disproven. Perhaps it is our choice of what to believe that helps define who we are and what we here to do with this life. When I die I will find out what billions of others have, and I will know definitively one way or the other.

But I don't mind putting that discovery off for a few years either.

• Hamas
    Hamas
    as I have many questions for him

Yeah, I know the feeling.

" God ! How the Devil have you been ? Why don't you ever answer my calls, man ?!?! "

• KGB
    KGB

No we will not be roaming around like a bunch of bored little spirits we will be giving worship to our God and Jesus forever and ever according to scripture...It's too bad that some of you treat us who believe like little stupid idiots, Someday you will die, remember that, you will surely die and I hope that God does have enough love left over for those who don't love him back.......

• Mary
    Mary

Good examples Gold Morning. These are ones that the Witnesses have a hard time explaining away, or if they do, they always say its only referring to "the annointed".

There's also a couple more, even from the OT that indicates that something happens at death:

Psalms 17:15: As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Genesis 35:17 And it came to pass, as her (Rachel's) soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

1 Corinthian 15: 42-44: So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power; It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body....... 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit