Will you ever meet God or Jesus?

by freedom96 28 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I know this is bound to open up a lot of topics here, especially those who want to make clear their opinion that God does not exist.

That being said, this is for those who do believe in God.

Do you believe in a heaven, and if so, when you get there, in your opinion, will you ever personally walk up to God or Jesus and talk to them face to face?

As I left the witnesses, I have gotten a better understanding of the bible, and my personal belief is that we do have a heavenly hope. I never thought about it in great detail, but then the idea of meeting God or Jesus made me think. What would I say? How incredible would that be, to be face to face with the creator of everything?

So, what do you think? Would you ever see them, or talk to them? What would you say? If you lived forever in heaven (whatever heaven is, exactly I don't know) would you have the chance to talk to them more than just once?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Free, I hafta tell ya.....I rode my bicycle to my appointments with him and talked to him....but I didn't know it was him till later.....anyone that really wants to can talk to him.....problem is, they won't know it's him....so they'll just be themselves, good or bad.....he's a really warm, fuzzy guy....very nice...down-to-earth....very caring and empathetic.....but, know this.....he knows *everything* about ya, but you won't realize it's Him till after the fact......funny thing is, I always joked about "if God should ever ride up on a bicycle and ask me...".....but it was the other way around.....btw...he's a great teaser, too.....good sense of humor....

Frannie B (of the "been there" class)

• Mr Lebowski
    Mr Lebowski

So what you're doing, basically, is polling Christian beleivers on a site populated with many former JW's to see what their interpretation of the afterlife is?

If you're gonna exclude me, why not exclude anyone who is accepting a mainstream interpretation (Catholics, etc.) and only include those who make up their own have a uniquely personal interpretation?

• freedom96
    freedom96

Mr. Lebowski-

I have been on this site long enough to realize that when a topic starts, all sorts jump in (part of the fun admittedly) and go in different directions of what the original question asked.

I am not trying to say those who don't believe are wrong and I am not trying to exclude anyone.

I was simply giving a little direction for those who want to answer. The question I proposed is not, "Is there a God" but that is what is bound to come up instead. So I simply was asking the opinion of those who do believe, once again not to exclude everyone else, but this is meant to be a one topic thread.

If I don't make it clear what my question is, then I will have tons of postings of people saying there is no God, and that is just not what this thread is about.

It is as simple as that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sure it's possible! Check out this site:

http://www.datejesus.com/bathe/ Bathe with Jesus

Young women interested in bathing with Jesus can now have their dream come true. Not only will you make a new friend, but you will be supporting good hygiene and benefiting the environment by conserving water. There are no strings attached except that a picture of us, suitable for family viewing, will be taken and placed on this web site as a lasting tribute to our determined efforts at cleanliness.

All requests from young women in the DC Metro area will be considered. Women from out of town will have to handle their own travel provisions, though a guest room is often available if needed. In most cases Jesus will be available and eager to speak to you about spirituality if desired. If you are not spiritual, Jesus will share a beer and pleasant existential banter.

How can you win? Inquire within by telling a little about yourself and why you'd make a good bathing partner for Jesus.

You must be 18 or older to enter. Shower can be exchanged for bubble bath upon request.

Bathing Pictures

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Freedom96...

I learned a long time ago that this place doesn't lend itself in opening yourself up on personal spiritual matters.

I too believe in God, Heaven, etc..... not sure how the personal interview with Him will go, have some of my own ideas involving Light/Energy etc.... Bottom line, I believe He knows each of us with all of the details.... I'll just leave it at that.... Not ready to leave this earth, but not dreading it either... it'll be interesting to say the least.

btw.... If I should unexpectantly 'kick off' soon, I'll see if I can somehow get back to this board and fill you all in. Look for the name "TOLD-U-SO".

• KGB
    KGB

Yes immediatley upon my death..The scriptures say that what come from God returns to God. And so I believe that because I put Christ as the head over my life that I will receive the gift that he promised me. And Yes I will be in Heaven when I die, no not in the ground until resurection as the dubs put it....

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Freedom,

Yes I do.

Consider these scriptures. They were the first ones
    that got me thinking.

1John 5:12
    "He who HAS the son Has life."

Notice the present tense here. It does not say that he
    who has the son will have life someday in the future.
    You know as a witness they teach that when you die,
    you are dead. You are not conscience of anything at
    all. You turn to dust. You are in God's memory to be
    ressurected someday. Yet, it says here..... we have
    this gift of life now as long as we have the Son. We
    (HAVE) LIFE.

John 5:24,25
    "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and
    believes him who sent me HAS eternal life and WILL NOT
    BE CONDEMNED: he has passed over from death to life. I
    tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come
    when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God
    and those who hear WILL live."

Prior to Jesus coming, the dead could not go to
    heaven and be with God because they were sinners and
    imperfect. A debt had to be paid. The debt was death.
    Jesus paid the debt for us. He did the penalty that we
    should have paid. When he died, he said.."It is
    finished."
    We now became righteous before God because of him.
    Nothing we can do will make us righteous. No amount of
    good deeds or works. Jesus did it. WE just need to
    really believe in Him. That is why the above scripture
    says if we believe in Him we have eternal life and
    will not be condemned (which was death). When we
    believe in him we cross over from death to life. We no
    longer have to pay that penalty.

When Jesus says a time is coming and it is now when
    the dead would hear his voice and live he wasn't
    kidding. He had arrived to pay our price and he bought
    us. He bought Jew and gentile alike. The dead were
    now able to live in heaven and those after him are now
    allowed to go to heaven because we are now righteous
    thru the blood of Jesus. He bought us....we now are
    owned by him. He bought us because HE WANTED US that badly.

Remember, He came not to condemn the world, but to
    SAVE THE WORLD. Save us from what? It was to save us
    from death. He was successful........ If we really still do die
    when we pass on, then his death is in vain. He really
    did not save us from death if we still continue to
    die. That is why 1Corinthians 15:13 says...: If there
    is no ressurection of the dead, then not even Christ
    has been raised. Then our preaching is in vain.

John 8:51
    "I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he
    will NEVER SEE DEATH AT ALL"

NEVER means NEVER. He did not say maybe you won't
    see death....or you will see death until I ressurect
    you later. He said you will NEVER see death.

John 11:25
    "Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the
    life. He who believes in me WILL LIVE, even though he
    dies, and whoever lives and believes in me will NEVER
    DIE."

Hence, we WILL LIVE and we WILL NEVER DIE.

The apostles felt the same way.
    Pauls says:

2Corinthians 5:8
    "We are confident. I say, and would prefer to be AWAY
    from the body and at home with the Lord.

Philippians 1:23
    "I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be
    with Chirst, which is better by far. But it is more
    necessary for you that I remain in the body."

This brings up the topic of spirit, soul and body. See
    how he wants to give up the body and be home with
    Jesus? The body is just needed to live here on earth
    It is not needed in heaven. But the spirit resides in
    the body!! The spirit lives on. The spirit is the
    real you.

Acts 7:59 tells us where Stephen is being stoned to
    death. It says...
    "While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord
    Jesus, receive my spirit."

How about the famous Matthew 10:28 scripture that says
    to fear those that can kill the body.... but NOT KILL
    THE SOUL!!!!

1Thessalonians 5:23..
    "May your WHOLE SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY be kept
    blameless."

Ephsians 2:4
    "Because of HIs great LOVE for us, God, who is rich in
    mercy, made us ALIVE WITH CHRIST even when we were
    dead in our transgressions... it is by GRACE YOU HAVE
    BEEN SAVED."

Isn't it funny we preached in the door to door work
    challenging people to examine their religions to see
    if it was the truth, but we were not allowed to
    examine our own!!! If we did we were labled
    apostates!!... and disfellowshiped!!

I am so glad I took the time to really read the bible fresh with a free mind. All the answers were there all along.........I was just too blind by a cult to see it.

agape love, Gold_morning

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

>why not exclude anyone who is accepting a mainstream interpretation (Catholics, >etc.) and only include those who make up their own have a uniquely personal >interpretation?

Oh, please, MrLeb....please, tell us this is just a *parody* of a sidewinding circus serpent's judgMENTAL comment....

Frannie B

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Despite having a dead body - you may find that you perceive you are in fact alive (and still with human desires if not careful)... and thus will face the exact same question when your body dies, with the very real possibility that you still won't get an answer then either.

Have you ever considered the possibility that when God created your soul, you actually did see him face to face - but rather than spend time with him - you choose for your soul to enter an human form on earth instead... and now yearn to return like the prodigal son. Note: Dubs believe human form is a soul - another form of warped reasoning that keeps them in the spritiual dark ages I'm afraid.

You don't become a soul - you are a soul.

Why wait until your body dies to see him? Your spirit is not dead now... it won't be dead when your body dies. So the real question is why are you not seeing him now? Selfish human desires is my problem. Thinking that I know what's best for me and others... then essence of being human... the essence of not wanting to talk face to face with God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit