WT Study - 28th Aug 2016 - “Do Not Let the Faults of Others Stumble You”

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NICHOLAUS KOPERNICUS:

I think the general gist of the article is to try to get people from leaving the religion because of RAMPANT bad treatment and corruption...This is a joke really because the only way to NOT be damaged by the Witness religion and the delusional people within it is to stay the hell away.

THISISMEIN1972:

You are absolutely right about certain Witnesses who imagine they can get away with bad behavior because they are "pioneering". I saw this arrogant behavior and, believe me, it hurts your brain to see it, much less hear a stupid fool admit they can get away with it....I would never again suffer the company of anybody like this.

I will also add to that: I remember certain so-called anointed who imagined they had a free pass to be cantankerous and insulting whenever they felt like it. I usually made a wide berth around them.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Despite several different trains of thought being expressed in this particular thread, most of the responses are focused on then component about the abusive nature of the organisation. Perhaps an evidence of the numbers of people being hurt as a result of the psychological cruelties directed at folks.

The purpose of my blogging in general is to...

a) Engage in catharsis of sorts

b) Validate the experiences and thoughts of other victims

c) Contribute to an online community of victims and assuage their hurt

d) Highlight the sophisticated mendacity and other dysfunction in the organisation to those still in & who peruse this site

e) Contribute to the increasing body of knowledge as to the true & real functioning of the organisation and its officers

It is true perhaps, that the only way to avoid being damaged by the religion is “to stay the hell away” as LongHairGal opines, but then again, there are many who feel they cannot do so as they are in the invidious position of being psychologically excoriated (shunned by family) if they remove themselves and thus continue to be affiliated but remain out mentally. The latter (as in my case) represent a cost to the organisation via the removal and incineration/recycling of published literature, and abstention from making financial contributions. I think this may be termed as passive aggression!

What else have I done to undermine the organisation? Well, by being still in physically and out mentally, I have had a chat with several whom I can trust and who in the past were reaching out. I have explained the secular charitable trustee role that goes with becoming an elder and the responsibilities therein. I have advised such ones that...

a) If they wan’t to be an elder they should consider refusing the trustee position

b) If they accept the trustee position they should consider getting third party liability insurance

c) Consider avoiding the role of elder all together.

The above advice is primarily because of the WTBTS / GBoJW appalling legal and financial governance and which could mean that secular government agencies or wronged individuals may have cause to issue criminal or civil proceedings. Thus far, I know of one MS who was reaching out for the position of elder but who remains an MS as a result of having become conscious of the aforementioned paradigm. He has his own business and understands the meaning of risk and the need for the aforementioned insurance!

So yes, LongHairGal is right in many respects, but for those like I who are still in physically, it is more a case of damage limitation and protection than complete avoidance of damage all together!

• Half banana
    Half banana

NK, I don't think it was discussed on this thread but there is another phenomenon which flourishes in the JW community; that of fixating on the behaviour of others.

It is a human trait to be overly concerned over one individual but I have seen it so many times where a JW develops a "thing" about someone which bugs them and often sends them into another congregation or better, out of the org altogether.

The edict from the demi-gods seems to be directed not only to the disgruntled group but perhaps to those with JW "personality fixations"?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    " Don't let the faults of others stumble you "

This again is their way to have no accountability for wrongs done.

NOTHING can happen to you that would be a just cause to stop associating or to take action against the org or brothers.

It's always about Blaming the Victim.

So when JWs read this kind of message - they can reason - "well what I did to so and so doesn't matter, they should still come to the meetings, see I was right, there was something wrong with him."

So real christian scriptures like - Matt 5:24 leave your gift there in front of the altar, and go away. First make your peace with your brother, and then come back and offer your gift.

or Mark 9:42 But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith, it would be better for him if a millstone that is turned by a donkey were put around his neck and he were pitched into the sea.

- are ignored and have no place in JWLand.

Any semblance of christianity that JWs had - has been completely eliminated.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    b) Validate the experiences and thoughts of other victims

It has been very helpful since the opposite is what you get at the "Only True Religion" aka the "Christian Congregation of JWs"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit