Sales of Watchtower headquarters could total $1.2 billion, real estate pros predict

by MaybeSo 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

“We let the qualified buyers participate in a competitive bidding process and see where the market goes with it,” Devine told the Eagle.

Doesn't this logic reflect the same expectation of gambling or buying a lottery ticket? You don't know if you are going to win big or if you're just going to come out even or lose your $1 investment.

How do they know there's not going to be another market or housing crash the next day and get pennies for their properties?

How can they honestly say: "...see where the market goes with it" and at the same time condone other for playing lottery tickets or gambling or leaving things to chance like not getting higher education.

I don't think I'm making any sense but I hope you get the point.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2015/12/4/sales-watchtower-headquarters-and-two-other-jehovah%E2%80%99s-witnesses-properties-could

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder if the WTS will recall those special pioneers once they taken in this billion dollars, which should occur within a month or two.

Which begs the question why did the WTS heads (GB) do this when they had known that this was going to happen shortly ???

• cognac
    cognac

Fink - Really? No, not only will they not remember the SP's, but, there will be more cutbacks...

To answer your question, they did this because they had to. Yes, they are doing that badly.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Doesn't this logic reflect the same expectation of gambling or buying a lottery ticket? You don't know if you are going to win big or if you're just going to come out even or lose your $1 investment.
    How do they know there's not going to be another market or housing crash the next day and get pennies for their properties?

Watchtower has lost millions already selling off properties in a poor market. But whatever they make is still a ridiculous return on initial investments.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'm with Cognac on this one; the Org's incomprehensible financial ploys and cutbacks are a result of need - desperate need, not greed! Someone is holding a very big gun to their head.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    One things for sure, it will be very interesting to see just what they do when the properties sell. This will tell their true motives. Will they do more cut backs, will they start to build more? Just what that is or isn't is what will be the true tell all. And it may not happen right away. They may not do anything after the 'big sale' for a few months. But sooner or later they will make a move. And they will have to do "something" with it because the rank and file are watching now and are aware because they themselves put it out there on JW tv.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Lets try and make an honest assumption based on observational evidence alone.

The WTS has built and bought properties in the US and UK as to build new modern main HQ branches in these countries.

They had some on hand cash (proven by non-profit government discloser) and they sold some properties in Brooklyn to help into the cost of these new facilities.

But wait their costs and expenditures over exceeding themselves , so they put out the information that they over spent themselves and are needing to reduce some expenditures to balance themselves off.

Now the few remaining properties are available to be sold and they are the organization's most valuable properties held in any place in the world . When these properties are sold and one can expect that it will be soon, the WTS will by next year be well into the black as far as their overall financial base.

I said it before and I'll say it gain I feel that the WTS is downsizing itself out a consciousness need to do so to keep itself fluent for the immediate future.

The organization's contrived bullshit doctrines which this organization was built upon are loosing its viability and effectiveness to lure in devoted followers, conscientiously persuading the GB members to reform its operations.

Money is the true god which these men worship behind a curtain of deceit,.

Its their business as well their livelihood, their uplifting personal status and privilege and they are intent into keeping it all which they have gained, that you can be confidently assured.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Searcher;

I'm with Cognac on this one; the Org's incomprehensible financial ploys and cutbacks are a result of need - desperate need, not greed! Someone is holding a very big gun to their head.

!00% Correct!!!

Moratorium on KH builds. Congregations expected to send all money but $5000.00.

Probably massive lawsuit to pay off or impending lawsuits.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Probably massive lawsuit to pay off or impending lawsuits.

There aren't any massive amounts of law suits you delusional fools.

The ones that have appeared have made it to the media , even to such web sites as silent lambs.

No one is holding a gun to their heads, why this over sensationalism. ???

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Gambling ? No, I don't think so anyone selling a property wants to achieve the best price.

Will they have an assembly talk or article telling the sheeple what money they are making on the sale of properties?

I doubt it. So, in my opnion, it smacks more of greedy, dishonest bastardry, to be asking for ice cream money at the same time as multi million dollar property sales are going down.

But, who really is "they" and what do "they" need all this money for exactly?

Is all the money going into a giant fund labeled WWW? I don't think so!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit