Sales of Watchtower headquarters could total $1.2 billion, real estate pros predict

by MaybeSo 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mephis
    Mephis
    I'd suggest the issue is precisely the same one I see with my own family. Armageddon is late. What few plans for that possibility have long since ran out of money. Stagnating numbers in affluent countries won't help with grandiose expansion plans on 'jehovah jireh' economic principles, and even less so with those who stay inside being less educated and less affluent and many starting to see retirement much closer on the horizon than the grand fireball fest. They can't afford to keep on bloating, so this is the transitioning into something more sustainable for a few more decades. Just what my money's on. Things like lawsuits will add to the problem for them. Even in dubland they surely must have already budgeted based on the money from selling these, and they're just getting the money some months earlier.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS is going through some interesting operative reformations in its operation as a publishing house/ organization .

I think most of that is due to the inflation costs of having specific separate printing branches.

The entire Brooklyn branch being the most expressive one to be sure.

Think about the energy costs to keep all of those buildings with electricity, the cost of maintenance an so on and it becomes easier to understand why the WTS wanted to move out of that area, simply too expensive to operate.

It also pays to keep in mind that the WTS doesn't draw in the money as some other religions do ie. Catholics in their separate congregations and the Catholics do not have large printing facilities to keep afloat.

So the WTS is reworking its operation from the top all the way down to each congregation.

Less printing, more distribution via data inter-net transfer, less operative branches and those that are to stay are being down sized to its operations including needed people working.

Its the Watchtower Corporation in the 21st. century.

• Landy
    Landy

Think about the energy costs to keep all of those buildings with electricity, the cost of maintenance an so on and it becomes easier to understand why the WTS wanted to move out of that area, simply too expensive to operate.

I think that about sums it up - along with the reduced need for printing.

And remember that they aren't actually making money from the sale as such - unsold the buildings are still on the balance sheet.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    This news is hitting the major news sources like cbs and the JW's are starting to comment on it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit