Last song at Regional Convention of 2016 was stolen from Audiomachine

by LevelThePlayingField 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

As far as I know, I did a search, and you may not know this but, the last song play during a music video of the regional convention, was not of Watchtower. It's stolen from a group called Audiomachine off their album Epica. The song is called Eternal Flame and it is exactly and I mean, note for note the same as the music video. I have links to both the videos here, the convention video and then the Audiomachine video from youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfkedVv6NvU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hBBTPmNATM&index=12&list=PLBdTmmVhVoiE_xSl-EjVZ5iMKsyiBC_j-

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yep and to think people think the WT actually paid the band a fee for using the song, not in your life.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    As far as I know, I did a search, and you may not know this but,

This was discussed on this forum 8 months ago:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5664700752723968/audio-machine-satanic-band-wt-used

A source from Service Desk from the local branch had mentioned that WT purchased the license for using this music.

• Listener
    Listener

There is a female JW who discusses this with 2 Elders (who think they are big wigs, they both claim to have known Ray Franz and what went on, even discrediting him for being willing to 'take into his fold'?? a disfellowshipped drunkard who had previously done many good things for the org).

You won't believe the discussion but they are not interested as to whether it was stolen or not. They suggest that the song may have been written by a JW and stolen by Epica. This lady gets in to trouble for having the Album or copy of the Album cover in her home because it is Satanic. The hypocrites but even worse, they tell her to stay with the organization even if it doesn't have God's Holy Spirit backing it, purely because it's still God's organization.

The recording was just posted today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SXl8O2jO7A&t=2s

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

That video just shows how most JWs are, bury their heads in to the sand and ignore the proof thier cult is just that. Now they'll say she's all messed up and left the truth because she let demons in to her house.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    LevelThePlayingField: Last song at Regional Convention of 2016 was stolen from Audiomachine

thank you for researching this

The use of stock media - photographs, graphics, video and music - is very common, and known about - it makes sense for many companies and organisations as it's often the quickest and cheapest method of getting the required results.

Stock music for movie trailers (yes, even big budget movies) is an interesting - and not so well known by the public - niche genre of the stock media industry - and I believe that it is this that the WT used for the video in the OP.

Take a look at the closing credits on the JW Monthly Broadcasts - you will often see stock media being credited.

Anyway, that's all known about and is nothing new....

BUT - having done your research - how do you know the WT stole the music? As you clearly state in the topic title?

You've researched it - so you are not 'making-it-up' - you are making an informed statement that the WT stole the music on a public forum.

So thank you, that's interesting, please tell us more! - what research have you been able to do that backs you up?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There is no question that this is the same song. The best guess is the Wt paid a royalty to a worldly band. It probably was not a major expense.

The real issue is the message coming from the bunker videos, which is highly cultish.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

NewYork44M,

The best guess is the Wt paid a royalty to a worldly band.

The Witchtower has been known to rip off images. It might be nice to drop off a message to the owners of that video just in case.

• Hecce
  • AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Come on guys, get your facts straight. They bought it.

Actually I bought it myself for around €3 (it was in dollars). Pretty good music too. I'm always up for supporting Indie music.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit