If God is the Creator, who created God or how did he evolve?

by KateWild 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    I see...but you still say "What caused him to come into existence" which implies a beginning though...no matter what we imply the term "cause" is...

Good point. I rephrase:

If God/FSM exists, who or what causes Him to exist?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Not a problem. How she exists or not is something we cannot grasp because we mere humans are limited by the concept of "existence".

Exactly how a dub would answer...as I refer to in all my points...as when I was fading I had loads of conversations with still-ins who happily accepted all the rubbish I posted earlier...

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    He started as one simple speghetti hoop which unlooped to form a string. This string then split multiple times to form HIS body.- cantleave
    KateWild -Well do you have any evidence to support your statement, like a peer reviewed science paper?

Actually we have something far better. A detailed account written ages later by a person who didn't witness any of it.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    If God/FSM exists, who or what causes Him to exist?

Now that indeed is a good question...I guess most creationists would say none, being in the spiritual plane of existence would mean the cause/effect doesn't have to apply...there doesn't need to be a cause for Him to exist?

I guess this because I'm not on that side!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Where does outer space start and begin? What is the origin of outer space? Did the big bang occur in outer space or did it create outer space?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have photographic evidence

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

KateWild - easy answer. No space or time before the "big bang" (which was an expansion, not an explosion). Easy to find further info on this.

cantleave - please be respectful with those photos. Remember, He was boiled for your sins!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

So - how can you believe in something that

A. Humans can not grasp.
    B. Can not be proven
    C. Shows NO evidence existing (other than a convenient answer to questions you can't answer or understand)
    D. That is not part of our Universe (convenient for someone not wanting to show evidence)

How does belief in Leprechauns differ from the above?

P.S. The bible states that god has a dwelling (heaven) and it's a specific place.
    Who created the place he lives in? Did it also always exist?

• Half banana
    Half banana

If God is the creator, who created him and how did he evolve?

Rather too many questions and assumptions bunched together here Kate!

Your question firstly requires an explanation of the validity of a number of things before a rational answer could be made including: a; the existence of spirit gods b; the ability of spirits to make things c; the ability of a spirit god or gods to make everything d; the origin of spirit gods, e; can spirits evolve?

Where is the concrete evidence for belief in spirits or gods outside of the impressionable human imagination? How are we ever to know about things which we cannot sense in any way, even if we use instruments to amplify our five senses?

God is a ‘thing’, it is resolutely unknowable and therefore I suggest, irrelevant to the future of mankind.

I suggest the "creator" error lies in a childish mistake in assuming that 'persons' make all things. Some things do evolve and most easily of all do ideas evolve notably the concept of God.

YHVH began as an ox-headed god, one of the seventy sons (seventy male offspring was a must for all patriarchs!) of the God El whose consort Ashera later became identified as the son Yahweh’s consort. (It happens all the time in myth). So starting as an idol in the Canaanite pantheon, Yahweh evolved, as society evolved, through henotheism (worship of one god among many) towards monolatry (worship of one god) to a recent incarnation becoming associated with the brand name of the Watchtower Society god Jehovah. The WT having borrowed the name from earlier religious thought and made it a dominant idea to suppress the prominence of Jesus and the trinity doctrine to enhance their own identity in the religious marketplace.

Who created the creator?

The human mind is the creator of God.There are good neurological reasons within the architecture of the brain born from mammalian evolution which have given rise to it. A satisfying elucidation of which cannot realistically be reduced to a sentence or two.

• prologos
    prologos
    notsoswtg: "--we are limited to the concept of time.

Perhaps you should say "Movement through time" Movement through time is not a given, even within our universe, where it started ~13.8 billion years ago. so,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit