If God is the Creator, who created God or how did he evolve?

by KateWild 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Why does the creator, if it exists, have to be god? Maybe it doesn't want to be a god? Maybe it doesn't even know you exist or that it inadvertently created you. Maybe it doesn't even know that it exists, or maybe it doesn't even exist in any form at all?

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    You haven't read my post.

Actually I did read your post and understood your point. When I wrote "If God/FSM exists, who or what caused Him to come into existence?" I didn't mention "when", or a concept of time. In other words, I am highlighting the cause/effect issue, not the before/after issue.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Actually I did read your post and understood your point. When I wrote "If God/FSM exists, who or what caused Him to come into existence?" I didn't mention "when", or a concept of time. In other words, I am highlighting the cause/effect issue, not the before/after issue.

My point is God's existence did not have a start and won't have a finish...thus the cause/effect doesn't come into play...the concept of "when" has a bearing on cause/effect...if "when" is "always" then there is no cause/effect in relation to God...cause/effect only comes into play if there is a beginning and there isn't with a God...or so says the bible...

Hence why you cannot use "time" in this equation as to "who created God"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think god got disfellowshipped--

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Hi notsurewheretogo, I think we are stuck on semantics.

By analogy, the leaves on the shrubs outside my window are green. Chlorophyll causes them to appear green. The word "cause" in that sense is not time-dependent. It is true, whether the plants have been there for a week, of for all of eternity. This is what I meant by "cause".

By the way, for me this is just an intellectual debate. I am not out to wind anyone up.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If god exist outside our universe and space and and time do not apply, then she can't exist - because existence requires time - you can't exist for zero seconds.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Any creationist answer to this question amounts to nothing more than special pleading.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    He started as one simple speghetti hoop which unlooped to form a string. This string then split multiple times to form HIS body.- cantleave

Well do you have any evidence to support your statement, like a peer reviewed science paper?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    you can't exist for zero seconds.

But a creationist would say that God existed BEFORE time...again you are putting time into the equation...take it out...meaning your point is moot.

This is what I meant by "cause".

I see...but you still say "What caused him to come into existence" which implies a beginning though...no matter what we imply the term "cause" is...

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Cantleave - If god exist outside our universe and space and and time do not apply, then she can't exist - because existence requires time - you can't exist for zero seconds.

Not a problem. How she exists or not is something we cannot grasp because we mere humans are limited by the concept of "existence".

(I am being sarcastic, by the way.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit