WELCOME, Newbies! Yall check in now, ya hear?

by Frannie Banannie 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Lotsa Newbies here.....I keep trippin' over yall when I'm readin' posts....why don't yall check in here and introduce yourselves? We'd all love to hear from yall, dontcha know.... That way we can extend some proper welcomes to yall....

Frannie B

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

((((((((Frannie))))))

My name is oldcrowwoman. I am a recoverying exjw, alcoholic, ex-smoker and co-dependant. I am DA'ed. out 21 yrs. I've been on this site for 10 months now.

Welcome to the JWD. Looking forward to meeting you all.

OCW

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

lol, OCW....I love ya ta pieces, meeces.....you oughta tell you're DA story, cherie! I'd love to hear it...

Frannie B

• High Castle
    High Castle

Another 'newbie' checking in:

Thumbnail description:

A very late [cough] thirty-something male, raised in pre-''75 Witnesses [your father's Witnesses] from age 5 to 15. I lost my faith utterly and am now an agnostic. I did not pursue a college education after high school. I became one of the that increasingly rare species - the working class autodidact. [If you know what 'autodidact' means then quite probably you are one.] Besides having had a history of clinical depression, I am coming to terms with a long un-diagnosed form of attention disorder [without hyperactivity] - diagnosis as a child impeded by the Witness aversion to professional attention.

My handle "High Castle" has no connection - that I know of - to the Society. Instead it refers to the novel "The Man in the High Castle" by one of my favorite authors, Philip K. Dick. It's a masterpiece of alternate history and consensus reality. Of course the 'Society' can be described also as a masterpiece of alter-ed history and consensus reality[the consensus can change quickly].

• smack
    smack

I'm not a newbie anymore, I'm wearing training pantz now

Steve

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi

Even though I've been hanging around for a while I'm still a "newbie." I don't post much, I just lurk. I'm a "fade-away" ex-jdub. I'm divorced and the rest of my family remain active. The last time I went to a meeting was to hear my son give his first talk. It was weird because they don't have an introduction or conclusion to the Bible reading part anymore, They just go up, read a chunk of scripture, and sit back down. If it weren't for the fact that it was my son up there, it wouldn't have even been worthwhile. Things like that and the pre-prepared presentations on the back of the KM make me think that they are raising up a generation of witnesses that are not only zombies but ignorant zombies as well.

CyrusThePersian

P.S. Re-reading the above rambling, almost nonsensical post above it becomes easy to see why I mostly just lurk...

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Sorry didn't read your post before to sen mine ... Hi everybody

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Well, Hi there, FrenchBabyFace.....oooooo-La-La! You're so pretty, cherie! Gonna hafta beat these horny toads off with a stick...lol....Welcome to the forum, sweetie!...you're gonna love it here, if you're looking for support from kind and caring people...they're lotsa fun, too.....and when you're ready, we'd love to hear your borg story...Glad to have you here, FBF!

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

High Castle, I came into the borg pre-75, so I know where you're coming from....sounds like you've had a large dose of PTSD from exiting...Welcome to the board, guy! I hope you enjoy all the interesting, caring, fun-loving and supportive people here....again...WELCOME!

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk! (pops the elastic band on Steve's "pretends" undergarments)

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit