The story of my exit

by mrsObfuscate 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome Obfuscate household - what a lovely way to end the year, by hearing your very encouraging story.

It's great to know that there are many like you who are visiting sites to find out what nasty things are hiding in the Org's closet.

I feel very confident that 2016 is going to present J.W.'s with more severe "beatings" from their evil slave controllers, due to the sheep's adverse reaction to the constant fleecing.

The Org is rapidly reaching the point of "flogging a dead horse", because so many folks are switching off mentally & financially.

Have a great year on your new road in life.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Thank you for posting.

'' I no longer have to half-heartedly try to convince them [my children] of believing in something I am not convinced of myself.''

That was the same for me.

Your story is probably the same for tens of thousands of others.

• tiki
    tiki
    Welcome and thank you for sharing your story! Settle into a new life with freedom and beware you'll have thought processes and reactions to relearn...the mental conditioning of years in the org are there and you will learn to see and feel things differently....and you'll find more love and support right here with "strangers" than ever in a kingdom hall. Hugs to you!!!
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    "Rather than rally around me to help me to continue, I was avoided, even by friends I’d had for 20 odd years. "
    That's what happened to my wife when I became inactive and it helped wake her up too.
    Great to hear that you have been able to move on happily with your family.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    great to read of another marriage surviving the cult
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    That is just too cool, seeing a husband and wife gradually see eye to eye. Yaaaaay!!!
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu
    mrsObfuscate
    ... and after much research on numerous websites, you tube videos and through this forum, I found that I knew very little about the religion I had been a part of for the last 20 years of my life...

Welcome on board and thanks for sharing your story. I felt like you after researching the JW believes

• tornapart
    tornapart
    Wonderful story! This is going to be so helpful to those who are in a marriage where they still love their spouse but their spouse refuses to even hear a word against the organisation. You have given the other side of the story, how difficult and painful it is and how you feel on that side of the fence. It gives hope to others that eventually one day something will happen to awaken their spouse too. So happy for you both!
  • fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Welcome to the forum. So happy that you and your husband are out together. After over thirty years in, my husband and I are also out together.

Welcome to the sweet air of freedom of thought.

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant
    I also wanted to say hello to lost and adrift. Welcome here. Thank you also for your story. Wishing you much happiness in your future with your fiance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit