Window washer wishing he made different life choices

by neat blue dog 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Question, how would the window washer feel if he was watching the GB members being wined and dined at the table? My spouse and I have personally witnessed numerous events like these. The upper crust in the Borg DOES get treated VERY well.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOES UP:

I don’t think I could stand to be present. I would vomit.

I only have unpleasant memories of being treated like garbage when I was active in the JW religion years ago because I refused to quit my decent job to pioneer and do favors for the Users. This is what they thought a young woman was going to be coerced into doing. Glad I resisted.

I’m sorry about your older relatives still working at back-breaking labor over the age of 60 because they heeded the religion’s advice not to get college or a career.

I cringe when I think about how I would be in the same situation if I had caved in to all the criticism - and from older JWs who were collecting THEIR pensions to boot!! This means THEY were in the workforce when they were younger!.. But, yet they were pushing poverty for me and any other young person there. Go figure.

Know what’s even sadder? These people aren’t even alive today to help anybody gullible enough to have listened back then.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

LHG

Yes, it was a hard one to watch. CO's being wined and dined by the pool. All the "special ones" from NY headquarters. The red carpet was rolled out big time for these men and their wives. We noticed it many years ago. We went home, to our little humble home and worked our jobs, to pay our way. Proud to say, we are still paying our own way and so are our children. I wouldn't have it any other way. Everything we have we have worked hard for and earned.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    if you do things right, you can do a whole lot of monney in cleaning

Except JWs with cleaning jobs would be encouraged to work less since they're making more to spend more time in service, and to also not bother saving for retirement.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEAT BLUE DOG:

Yes and that’s the whole problem right there in a nutshell:..not bothering to save for Retirement.

So, it’s not so much what a person’s occupation IS (but some obviously pay more than others)..it’s the fact that Witnesses were taught they would never NEED to think about retiring because ‘Armageddon was coming’ to solve that problem.

Well, I guess they forgot the Proverb about the lowly ant..and isn’t it funny that certain scriptures are ignored. I didn’t ignore it.

If you think about it, so-called ‘worldly people’ through the years weren’t all employed in high-paying professional jobs! Many probably made a modest income. But they damn well knew they HAD to prepare for their old age - meanwhile JWs thumbed their nose at this fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit