There is a new letter to elders about Child Abuse

by ttdtt 69 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Agree with everything Data Dog posted re background checks.

I'd also like to add that I think all adult male JWs should have this background check - they are publishers of the WTS, walking around neighbourhoods, calling on homes that contain children.

All who fail the background check (i.e. revealed crimes against children) must not be allowed to go door-to-door.

• JHK
    JHK

The international letter in 12 languages:

http://avoidjw.org/boe/

• stillin
    stillin

I printed a copy out from the link that wifi provided. It looks like an original. I'm wondering how I could inadvertently leave it laying around at the KH. I miss too many meetings for people to not put two and two together and realize that I did it, especially if it kept appearing several times.

but it does seem like a good idea.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Could you post it on the notice board? I reckon I could leave a letter on the board for weeks and no one would notice. The problem is getting it there. Hall cleaning perhaps?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ten bucks says the Org will never institute background checks...

...because the results would leave them way too short-handed. :smirk:

• Saename
    Saename

Lloyd Evans published a video on his Youtube channel John Cedars which discusses the letter in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58G6U_tb7E

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow!

For as long as I can remember, the sole purpose or one of the main reasons for the 'Do Not Call' section on the reverse of congregation territory cards was to honor and respect the wishes of homeowners in the territory by writing down a homeowner's address who simply doesn't want to be bothered by Jehovah's Witnesses when working in their neighborhood.

According to items #22 & #23 of this letter WT wants congregations to automatically extend this same courtesy to known pedophiles and child molesters. Just Wow!

• careful
    careful

JHK, thanks for the link to the real letter. A quick read reveals numerous changes in policy, spurred on by Satan's world!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    JWgonebad: Wow!
    For as long as I can remember, the sole purpose or one of the main reasons for the 'Do Not Call' section on the reverse of congregation territory cards was to honor and respect the wishes of homeowners in the territory by writing down a homeowner's address who simply doesn't want to be bothered by Jehovah's Witnesses when working in their neighborhood.
    According to items #22 & #23 of this letter WT wants congregations to automatically extend this same courtesy to known pedophiles and child molesters. Just Wow!

That is the part of the letter that really stood out to me.

The letter describes the process that the secular world takes with confirmed pedophiles and rapists. The secular world warns the community that the offender is present within. So that the community can take appropriate steps to protect themselves.

Contrast that to how the JWs handle confirmed offenders. Firstly, they toss them out into the larger community with no warning system in place. AND...they don't even tell the JW community why they are tossing him/her out. And...then, if they deem the offender 'repentant' enough, they re-install him/her back into the JW community...again...with NO warning.

The WTS has NO regard for safety. Not within the JW community or within the larger community that they exist.

No respect whatsoever.

Yeah..."do not call" on homes identified by secular authorities as being dangerous...but send confirmed offenders door to door or re-install them as 'shepherds of the flock'

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    OrphanCrow - "...Yeah... 'do not call' on homes identified by secular authorities as being dangerous... but send confirmed offenders door to door or re-install them as 'shepherds of the flock'..."

Well, didn't you know?

JW sex offenders are still better than "worldy" ones, simply by virtue of being JWs...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit