I just don't understand this, what am I missing???

by Greybeard 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I found the answer myself following a trilogy of articles. Yes the F&DS were appointed in 1919; a small group of faithful Bible students at headquarters in NY.

17. What important developments began to unfold in 1914?

17 As we learned in the preceding article, the harvest season began in 1914. In that year, a number of important developments began to unfold. Jesus was enthroned as King, and the last days began. (Rev. 11:15) From 1914 to the early part of 1919, Jesus accompanied his Father to the spiritual temple to do a much-needed inspection and cleansing work. * (Mal. 3:1-4) Then, starting in 1919, it was time to begin gathering the wheat. Was it finally the time for Christ to appoint one organized channel to dispense spiritual food? Yes, indeed!

- - - - -

11, 12. (a) What two appointments does the faithful and discreet slave receive? (b) When did Jesus appoint the faithful slave over his domestics, and whom did he select?

11 It is noteworthy that in Jesus’ illustration, the faithful and discreet slave receives two distinct appointments. The first is over the domestics; the second is over all the master’s belongings. Since the illustration is fulfilled only in this time of the end, both appointments would have to come after Jesus’ presence in kingly power began in 1914.

12 When did Jesus appoint the faithful slave over his domestics? To answer that, we need to go back to 1914—the beginning of the harvest season. As we learned earlier, at that time many groups claimed to be Christian. From which group would Jesus select and appoint the faithful slave? That question was answered after he and his Father came and inspected the temple, or spiritual arrangement for worship, from 1914 to the early part of 1919. * (Mal. 3:1) They were pleased with a small band of loyal Bible Students who showed that their heart was with Jehovah and his Word. Of course, they needed some cleansing, but they humbly responded during a brief period of testing and refining. (Mal. 3:2-4) Those faithful Bible Students were true Christian wheat. In 1919, a time of spiritual revival, Jesus selected capable anointed brothers from among them to be the faithful and discreet slave and appointed them over his domestics.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

My question exactly Vanderhoven7

I believe this question has been answered somewhat in the above. But I still don't get how they can continue to use this label after that admission.

Edit: You posted your second comment right after my response... Good job! Thank you!

"after he and his Father came and inspected the temple' How rich is that? I never knew Jehovah also came down with Jesus. How do they know this stuff? WOW Heavy man!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ahhh I understand now...............It's all bollox

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Vanderhoeven7,

I mentioned previously, a couple of times before you asked for clarification, that those idiots controlling this cult still consider themselves appointed by Jesus in 1919, as well as where this is found in their stupid magazines. I guess you missed that.

It's all stupidity anyway. There was no Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1919, so they could not have been appointed back then.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wait, didn't the GB declare themselves to be the FDS a couple years back?

Now they're effectively saying "...we're not, but we will be, because who else could it be?" (
    )

I really wish they'd make up their f**king minds. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Greybeard8 hours agoDon't feel bad BlackSwan, I just found out yesterday, LOL, first I laughed, then I cried... I'm just a big baby, I've got that "be like little children" thing down :smile:
  • BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

If they're NOT the FDS then how on earth can they actually ... claim anything at all?

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

In 1919, a time of spiritual revival, Jesus selected capable anointed brothers from among them to be the faithful and discreet slave and appointed them over his domestics.

Oh, anointed brothers from amung them? This is so dishonest since at that time the faith and discreet slave was considered to be the ENTIRE group. There was no GB. There was Rutherford.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Wait For It...

Ironic, as Rutherford was pretty much the polar f**king opposite of faithful, discreet, and slavelike.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

oneeyedjoe Meanwhile, they want to save face so they act like it all just makes perfect sense and the next guy sees this and draws similar conclusions - I'm inadaquate because I don't understand and everyone else does.

Oh my, this is exactly the behavior I see from my husband and his JW family. It is the ultimate reason the WT retains control over their "trained" minds. The mental gymnastics they are trained to be experts in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit