I just don't understand this, what am I missing???

by Greybeard 47 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Greybeard, don't feel too guilty or stupid for what you told your son back then. You were brainwashed at the time, and you were just trying to salvage what you could of your fatherhood and teach your son something on your way out. Yeah it is regrettable now that you see the religion as total B.S., but really at the time you were just doing what you could do. Be more angry at the people who do the manipulating. They just want to stay in control and will do anything to keep stringing people along and making sure they stay scared, guilt ridden and slave bound.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So, are they simply walking away from 1919? And if the FDS will not be chosen until a future time, who are those fat old men of the GB doing?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

No matter how they try and spin things, one fact remains:

The GB teach that they alone are the channel of communication from God.

So then, when they get things wrong (as has often happened, and will continue to), then the question is "did Jehovah make a mistake, or is their claim to speak for him a mistake"?

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Thank you Faye, you are right :)

Moses had miracles what do the leaders of this organization have besides countless failed predictions and the fact they are known world wide for traversing land and sea shutting up the door to heaven in mens faces? Be Jehovah's Witnesses, not Witnesses of Jesus.

Matthew 23:1-15, " Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. Therefore, all the things they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but they do not practice what they say. They bind up heavy loads and put them on the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. All the works they do, they do to be seen by men, for they broaden the scripture-containing cases that they wear as safeguards* and lengthen the fringes of their garments. They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front* seats in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi* by men. But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. But the greatest one among you must be your minister. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

13 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut up the Kingdom of the heavens before men; for you yourselves do not go in, neither do you permit those on their way in to go in. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you travel over sea and dry land to make one proselyte,* and when he becomes one, you make him a subject for Ge·henʹna* twice as much so as yourselves." NWT
  • Lieu
    Lieu

See, that's your problem Greybeard. You got that thinking "disease"; that abomination which causes desolation. (I can jack up and misuse scriptures too, ☺) There's no understanding the incoherent, unreasonable, or insane.

They GB all but came out and said, "obey us even if it doesn't make any sense." That was said for the oldz that know stuff and for the young who may put together a coherent thought.

Videos of hiding in bunkers, extreme shunning bringing praise, give up all your means to 'the invisible cause' again? We're not the slave but are the slave. The org (a frigging LLC) is mother. We're your mediator, not Jesus ... follow us, obey us!!!! Do more! Tight pants and colorful socks are of satan. Referring to Christ as their brother but never their Lord, King, head, or husbandly owner? (Anyone can ignore a brother or sister)

Leaving the message of salvation for one of judgement????

I am quite afraid for my JW relatives as the GB and the psycho drunks in Writing seem off their lithium and about to go full moonbat.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

The false prophet Watchtower organization has done nothing but judge and cast out "weeds" right after every failed prediction. The wheat and weeds are NOT allowed to grow together. The "weeds" are judged and uprooted and cast out ripping families apart and damaging the "wheat."

• blondie
    blondie

Check the WT-CD new or old and you will find many references to "clarifications" and "adjustments" in the index. or "beliefs clarified" on jw.org or adjustments in view under Jehovah's witnesses.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

After reading the link I read the subsequent watchtower study articles in that series.

My take (and I am happy to be corrected) is that they are still the faithful and discreet slave however they won't be appointed over ALL their masters belongings until after Armageddon.

I would really appreciate it if someone could be bothered reading paragraph 10 of the July 2013 study article and please explain the following paraphrase: the parable describes the slave as 'singular', which means it is a 'composite'.

What in the hell??!!?!!!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit