God expresses his perplexity at his own creation

by slimboyfat 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

As I said in my earlier comment this guy puts an interesting angle on things that I have come to similar conclusions myself back when I first woke up and I was reading a lot of philosophy. I have moved on from there now but it was good to revisit.

On a side note I observed this guy has very distracting gestures and a manic speaking style which makes him difficult to listen to.

My intial thought was "blow" (cocaine) user but after thinking about it I realise he could be displaying signs of tourettes syndrome as that is a neurological condition that can involve involuntary physical and verbal ticks.

• cofty
    cofty

Noam Chomsky on Zizek's vacuous posturing...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Interesting, the very points Chomsky makes is why I found Zizek's approach to be novel but it did not profoundly influence me. At the end of the day I viewed it as just theoretical posturing also so I could take him or leave him - I listened, I thought about what he was saying then I left him.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Slim - Zizek is great fan of Chesterton and refers to his ideas often in his books acknowledging that he is influenced by Chesterton

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

slim please link to Leolaia's comments re Zizek as I would like to see if I am still in awe of her intellect and see if I can view her in a more egalitarian way in relation to myself - in other words I want to see if I have made any progress in knowing her POV.

• slimboyfat
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

thanks

Leolaia comes across as a nice caring humble person and she never ever intended to intimidate anyone with her vast intellectual abilities. Our feelings of cowering submission is a result of our time being told we are worthless and stupid without the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit