What Were Your Elders Real World Jobs?

by pale.emperor 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• tiki
    tiki

Oh And a disabled bus driver...the disability was self inflicted morbid obesity...couldn't get into the bus anymore....

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

...and could not get out. The Ghost Bus, running all night....

• Awakening12
    Awakening12

Elders jobs were as follows:

•Cleaner

• Professor at a prestigious London university

•Salesman

•Window cleaners x2

•Manager Housing association

You can imagine which elder used to get a lot of criticism, plus his kids faded from the religion after going off to university too...Still he continues 'to serve as an elder' as they say. The cleaner and window washers especially had it in for the elder prof!! 😄Such a loving organisation! 🙄

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I worked: Salesman, house cleaning service , owned a restaurant, and Prototype Machinist

• RodrigoGuerreiro
    RodrigoGuerreiro

I heard a lot of the "window cleaner stereotype" but I didn't know any elder with that position, also I didn't know any window cleaner worker (maybe it's a unusual job on my country).

Some jobs for the list:

welder, warehouse worker, shop owner, common factory worker, cars seller, constructor, retired, barber...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

One was a carpenter by trade but supposedly had ME and was on benefits (could still go door-to-door and do elder's duties, though).

Two were self-employed window cleaners.

One was a bailiff.

One was a self-employed painter/decorator.

One was a retired architect.

One was a member of MENSA and had a good job in IT.

One was a driving instructor.

One taught cookery at college.

Edit: of course, all the higher education needed was done before the elder became a JW.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    One was a member of MENSA and had a good job in IT

You mean one elder was so darn smart he was a member of MENSA, but yet he was a JW? Just goes to show, smart people are crazy.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually many cults focus on university students, who have some smarts, but still are caught up in the thinking. Steven Hassan was a university student when he became a Moonie. So IQ does not seem to be the criteria.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You mean one elder was so darn smart he was a member of MENSA - yep.

Before he was a JW, this guy went to grammar school, on to university, passed the IQ test to allow him to join MENSA and had a decent job in IT.

Intelligent people aren't automatically immune to WT propaganda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit