WT Study 1/10/16 Encouraging Child Baptism And More Nonsense

by JW_Rogue 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Yep. The governing body or whoever actually rules the cult, think of the benefits for themselves - dunk 'em young, then they're trapped. That way, they'll find it harder to report the governing body's like minded friends, paedophiles.
  • Spiral
    Spiral

This is something that really proves to me that the current GB are convinced that that rank and file are just stupid. Growing up, many of my generation that got baptized young left, so there was a lot of talk about the sacredness of baptism and not getting baptized too young. This lasted for 15-20 years I think. Now, the push is on for even pre-teens to get baptized. Obviously to boost the numbers and control families, keeping the congregations intact and to boost contributions.

But recently I've heard a lot of grumbling about this from ones in my age group, who have seen too much damage from this. It is child abuse. At some point even the more indoctrinated ones with damaged families are saying "hmmm, would this have turned out better if we had never been JWs?" But the 30-something elder families are really pushing their children. So sad.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Yes, WT is subtly saying that to be a good example a parent should have their children baptized at a young age.

WT isn't always very subtle in there rush to sucker in the children early as I found in this quote:

*** w88 3/15 p. 15 pars. 21-22 Trust in Jehovah Leads to Dedication and Baptism ***
    Why, attending the Pioneer Service School in the Bahamas recently was a ten-year-old baptized girl, the daughter of two full-time ministers!

22 In this regard. . .some parents are falling short. To what extent are they using ‘fire-resistant materials’ to build Christian personalities in their children? (1 Corinthians 3:10-15) First of all, doing so requires that the pure worship of Jehovah be the most important thing in the parents’ lives. Additionally, the parents must be heeding the fine counsel given at Deuteronomy 6:6, 7 and Ephesians 6:4. The result of this may be that the parents will need to restrain their children from getting baptized too early."

So we can see that if children not yet even old enough to have reached puberty are not being baptized it is THE PARENTS FAILURE. What a stupid load of horsesh-t that is!

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

the best way the JW org has now found to keep its numbers up is to ‘harvest’ their own children.

I like the way you phrased that. Where I live some people try to "soften" the impact of animal reduction by saying the animals are 'harvested' instead of saying they are killed. WT kids are drug in early and young and then lovingly "killed" when they are DF'd or wake up and leave.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

OFS ... w88 3/15 p. 15 pars. 21-22 Trust in Jehovah Leads to Dedication and Baptism ***
    Why, attending the Pioneer Service School in the Bahamas recently was a ten-year-old baptized girl, the daughter of two full-time ministers!

or rather

WHY, attending the Pioneer Service School in the Bahamas recently was a ten-year-old baptized girl, the daughter of two full-time ministers??????????????

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever

Though I disagree with many views on this site, this one I do agree on. We are told that marriage is a commitment and to wait past the bloom of youth. We are told baptism is a "dedication" and is greater than a commitment. How much more so should one wait past the bloom of youth for baptism then?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    This could be a ploy to curb the trend in the youths leaving the Borg in recent years. Get them dunked while they're young and make it tougher for them to leave later.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Yup, dunkin young ones is just all bad. Just to be shunned later, when youngster does something petty. 😡
  • Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    Entrapping children at an early age. My sisters and I were forced to get baptized at the age of 14, they are 7 and 8 years my elder. Then at 18 years of age, my sisters got a great job at a bank and they were falsely accused by my mom of immorality simply because they wanted to rent an apartment. My mother went to the elders and told them that they wanted to leave home before getting married, the elders responded to "kick them out of the house." Exactly those words, I heard that bastard elder say this and the other elders followed in his direction. So my mom went home and went straight to my sisters' closet and threw all their cloths, belongings, plus their car keys out the door. I was 14 at that time, so while my sisters cried to my mom for understanding, I went outside and packed their stuff in their car, without my mom knowing. I bought them pick up time and they could make a quick escape. They went to a hotel and got themselves an apartment there after. Understandably, My sisters never stepped into a Kingdom Hall again. I lived through similar hell but had a physical advantage over my mom and dad. I remained visually stedfast and even faked my field service time, so that I would be able to marry my fiancee in the KH. I am happy to say that my wife and I are faded after we also left our parent's house, and have been faded over 20 years. We have disgust for the GB.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Not old enough to do all those things stuckinarut , says

However old enough , by Jehovah`s Witness standards , to make life or death decisions about blood questions imposed on Jehovah`s Witnesses that even adult J.W.`s find difficult and confusing as to what is acceptable and what is not , in there ever changing views regarding " New light" or new medical procedures available in hospitals .How is a teenager , let alone a pre-teen ever going to make an informed life or death decision as to what fractions he/she can or can`t use , what other alternative options are available according to the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses is just beyond the comprehension of a teenager , and certainly a pre-teen .

If ever their was a case of child abuse against the Watchtower/Jehovah`s Witnesses , this should take priority .as hundreds of youths have died following the G.B. direction world wide , since this policy was introduced around the 1940-50s`s as a disfellowshipping offence for taking blood.

And in the " AWAKE" magazine of May 1994 on the front cover , many youths , 26 ? , they held up as martyrs for sacrificing there lives refusing blood.in obedience to their religious instruction from the G.B.

If that is not child abuse I would like to know what is.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit