Leah Remini Scientology series might tackle Jehovah's Witnesses in season 3

by jp1692 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    jwleaks: I believe that Scientology and the JWs both registered on the same day as religions to take advantage of newly introduced US tax exempt laws for religious charities.

Are you able to give more details on that, jwleaks? Dates, etc? Are you speaking about the early 50s when the tax laws changed to accommodate and pay for the war debt?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The connections between Scientology, the Jehovah's Witnesses, and the tax laws are especially important and so far, how the tax laws have been and are, responsible for the shunning practiced by both these cults, have yet to be addressed fully.

Until somebody, somewhere, connects the dots between "sincerely held belief" and how that particular tax exempt requirement of qualifying that sincere belief relates to disfellowshipping and shunning, I don't think that an exposure of how these cults operate will be complete.

Regardless, what will dictate whether or not Remini goes ahead with an expose on the JWs will be entirely determined by how much advertising $$$ can be generated beforehand. If advertisers have WTS connections...the show won't air. Celebrities might do the talking but $$$$ does the walking.

• carla
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

The prospect of Leah Remini tackling me almost makes me want to go back... :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Terry - "From an 'insider': 'A&E has been attacked legally so badly by Scientology that they held off writing the first check for our JW series because of fear of JW litigation'..."

I'm sorry, but the prospect of any "worldly" agency actually being afraid of anything the WTS does kind of makes me want to laugh.

• livinthedream
    livinthedream

This is awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit