How Detached Are The Governing Body From Members Of the Bethel Family Where They Live?

by Brokeback Watchtower 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Honestly, I don't think they even view any of the R&F as actual people.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The work conditions (schedule, vacations, pay, etc) are inferior to even the worst legal jobs you could find anywhere in civilized countries. If the GB truly loved, respected and cared for their Bethel family, they would, at the very least, match the legal minimums. The only reason they are getting away with it is due to their "religion using volunteers" status.

"Yeah, but then it would be too expensive!" Too expensive for what? They are the ones setting the objectives. They are the ones that say: We must have this amount of magazines, books, brochures, etc. Preaching in the first century was very successful... how many books were printed? How many buildings were built and used by the Christians?

Sure they are spending less on printing now, yet, they are investing millions in producing multimedia content and movies. If they are unable to do something without being abusive of their Bethel family, then the GB is asking too much.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Fisherman is absolutely correct. Once upon a time, Bethelites were encouraged to make Bethel life their career. From my acceptance letter: "I hope.....you will remain much longer and become a permanent member of the Bethel family." - N. H. Knorr ( signed in ink, not rubber stamped)

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Sparky, I look at that letter and I can remember a time where recieving such a letter would have been my ultimate goal in life. A letter from God himself.

I am so happy that I didn't go "that crazy".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit