Today's WT Study: "Return to Jehovah" - Lots of Elephants in the Room

by Room 215 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

He said he couldn’t do that because they weren’t in his congregation. (Both congregations are less than a 10 minute drive from my house.) I replied, “That’s funny, because that’s exactly what the elders in their congregation said to me—they couldn’t help because I’m not in their congregation!” (I had previously taken the initiative to contact the elders in my family’s congregation asking for help to reconcile our broken relationships. The elders in that congregation refused using the lame excuse I mentioned above.)

I have experienced the very same thing ,if your no longer in any of their congregations and in another state or territory they don`t want to know you ,your not their responsibility anymore.

And as you say ,"so much for an international brotherhood"

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jehovah-s-witnesses-ordered-jury-pay-34m-abuse-survivor-n914146

People like the young lady described above are returning to Jehovah. And, they are bringing their lawyers with them. You might say that the Organization is going through a period of testing and sifting.

Crisis Concept. Money Flow in Black Hole

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

As many comments have already noted, we present a dichotomy for the org and for the local congregations. Many of us did not leave over ‘weakness’ or because we were unhappy, wronged or stumbled. We left because we saw contradictions in doctrine, we saw abuse of others, we asked questions that had no answers.

we were never weak, many here were what the org would consider exemplary. Pioneers, MS, Elders, Bethelites etc etc. many of us are now very happy in our non witness lives. We continue to thrive in our personal and professional lives, we have made many new friends, have more time for hobbies or secondary careers, some have written books, some have worked on behalf of non profits or charities in the communities and on on... we have given truth the old adage that living well is the best revenge. We just dont care about the org anymore or their policies or rules or beliefs...

How can they address THAT? The truth is they cant. It always makes me smile when they disappointedly say to me ‘wow you seem to be doing well’.... they expect those that leave to be miserable, to be depressed and suicidal or lost and beyond hope... instead they find well grounded adults, people who have grown beyond their control and they no idea how to process that. It baffles them. Ive even had them rationalize it and tell me that I never left. I seem ‘just as happy as ever’ and the only way they can process it is to convince themselves that im still a witness at heart despite my telling them i would never set in hall again, never join a zoom meeting, never again say the name of their petty god of deserts. They simply cannot reconcile it.

That article was written for the same reason as all recruiting articles. It was to focus on the weak or newly awakened ones who have not yet reestablished themselves after the religion. Its designed to train active witness to identify those are susceptible to revictimization.

As always, its not what they said thats interesting but what they didnt.

• jp1692
    jp1692

JAGNM: we were never weak, many here were what the org would consider exemplary. Pioneers, MS, Elders, Bethelites etc etc.

Indeed, I was an elder for over 20 years. The last six or seven years I was PIMO, trying to figure out how to get out of the religion with my family intact.

Unfortunately I was not able to do that. I eventually left because I could no longer stand to pretend to believe in things which obviously were not true. My ex-wife and children are still in the religion.

My adult children have shunned me for eleven years simply because I don't go to the kingdom hall. Both of my kids live only a few miles away from me. The closest is actually only two blocks away; I pass his house at least twice a week while running my usual errands: shopping, etc.

This religion destroys families.

As I have said countless times: It's a cult!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Justaguy... charity work, real charity

The convention just said those who feel a lack of love are not doing their part. No mention of cliques, overbearing strong arm people.

The biggest reason has to be the unfulfilled expectations and the anti education stance

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    My adult children have shunned me for eleven years simply because I don't go to the kingdom hall.

That is sad...soo sorry to hear that. jp1692...are there grandchildren that you're not allowed to have a relationship with?

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Return to false prophet apostates who want my money never.

I'll stick with Jesus and his instructions for preaching his gospel of a new Kingdom order.

• LV101
    LV101

Cult is desperate begging for those who couldn't run fast enough once they realized it was a dangerous, criminal, organization.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I'll never never waste my time and money on this self serving cult.

• jp1692
    jp1692

JWGoneBad: jp1692 ... Are there grandchildren that you're not allowed to have a relationship with?

Good question. I actually don't know. Could be!

It's very, very sad. I keep trying to reach out, but get no response. One of my children had blocked my phone number. When I tried contacting him with an app that hid my number, he changed his phone number. That's the one that lives 2 blocks from me.

I really, really hate this fucking cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit