I feel like such a fool!

by Swan 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((((Swan)))) - that really sucks!

I am so sorry for the pain this must have caused you!!! Kids can be so stupid!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Tammy, May I add my sympathies to those already given

This is a nasty, mean deception, and I think may well catch out many of us . the clever bit was to play on emotion and your hope so that your normal defences were lowered. That is why I question whether it was really a child

One wonderes what the ultimate aim was. Would you have been conned out of money if you had not seen through it?

Thank you for sharing and giving a warning to us all

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Welcome to the Internet - the most dangerous back alley in the world, where everyone wears a mask.

I agree, this was probably not a thirteen year old girl. The guy just got annoyed that you saw through the deception and immediately put on another mask, one that you would be unlikely to prosecute or pursue. A defense mask of complete irresponsibility.

Only the truly evil DEMAND forgiveness, and that's so they can control you by keeping talking to you.

Avoid this person.

CZAR

• Swan
    Swan

In retrospect, this person was very adept at deception. Some of the things said were quite sophisticated for a 13-year-old girl. The theory that this was some man who switched to the 13-year-old hurting girl story when the questions started getting tougher is a very good one.

Tammy

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

I am so sorry for you Swan. To have your hopes dashed like that must have really pulled the rug out from under you. To yearn for your family must be difficult. I certainly don' t think you should consider yourself foolish over this. I hope and pray some of your family will see the light soon. There is always hope for that. In a way, this place is like a family. I have only been here a few months and already it's become a larger part of my life. regards, Carlton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit