Just Bumped Into My JW Sister And Brother In Town

by pale.emperor 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

This is so, so sad. It disgusts me to see what a religion can do to people.

I just watched 'Spotlight' there was a quote in the movie. The victims did as they were told because the priests were like God and: 'how do you say no to God, right'

Shunning is the same. They obey because they think the Org is God.

I know you are a strong person pale.emperor but I'm so sorry that happened to you.

• steve2
    steve2

What Phoebe said :

• tiki
    tiki

Very sad. But I vividly recall terror drummed into me as a child if we saw a dfed relative...one "notorius" one...who I now suspect was just a normal innocent victim...in town. They are taught that despicable irrational fear....they are trembling inside at the sight of you. I know I have experienced it. Only when you wake up to reality do you see the futility and horror that abominable behavior costs...both to givers and receivers. So very wrong....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PALE.EMPEROR:

You are newly exited so this "shunning" bothers you..it's especially hurtful since they are related...Maybe things will change in time.

I am out many years and relieved to not be bothered with Witnesses. Let them shun away...To be very honest, their attention would be unwelcome at this point. I know what it's all about and that they are looking for money. They may get desperate enough and look up "faders" like myself. They'll find out what I really think about them if they do.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Did i do something wrong?

Yes i did. I waved and smiled. That must have done it.

No, you did not. What you did is what normal people do. They did everything wrong. Make no mistake.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I have never been able to come to terms with the notion that treating your own family like that is supposed to make them want to return to the "fold". How could you go back to playing "happy families" with siblings who behaved like that towards you. It's always seemed more of a reason to never ever return to such insanity.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I am sorry that happen to you. Maybe they was upset because they had to sit inside all day while you was out in the fresh air enjoying yourself. Cults are a very strange thing. Still Totally ADD

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Pale-

I have to agree with LongHairGal...after a certain amount of time (years?) you'll be "relieved to not be bothered with Witnesses."

My sister and brother both "shun" me, although they were able to say "sorry for your loss" to me at our sister's funeral. I didn't respond. It was their sister also and I suspect they were putting on a show for the rest of the family, none of whom are JWs... although my mom flirts with it enough to keep the JW siblings hopeful (guessing).

At any rate, I've read your posts and you seem to be one of those who will be successful.... even if you have to "fake it to make it" on occasion.

While I don't know you at all, I am confident that you are in a better place being shunned by JWs than being a JW.... regardless of the cost.

Best regards.

• kairos
    kairos

We're the scariest thing of all to a JW.
    Even scarier than the devil, ( that wily old serpent ).
    Why, you ask?

We actually exist.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh PE, How DARE you make them feel awkward or bad. It is all your fault you know!

YOU dared to even breathe the same air as them! How evil are you?

You should have run away screaming and crying with grief when you saw them...just to show how upright their attitudes are, and how wrong you are now that you "left Jehovah"

Shame on you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit