In what year was the last time wt had negative growth?

by Yomama 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I really can't believe the Borg has 8 million JW's either. Probably the hard-core loyal ones only number 1.5 - 2 million hard-core ones these days. I agree.

• Aposta-Fish
    Aposta-Fish

Yep I’ve been saying for years they probably only have about 4 million baptized a few more that are kids but that’s it and dropping. I think they figured out after 1975 that it was a bad idea to continue to publish losses to they don’t . This small loss they mentioned this year is for a reason, their going to use this number to claim the greater number cooling off just another way to claim the end is so close.

The cult is now about circling the wagons snd getting more extreme in order to keep ones in. They know that they no longer are getting anyone from the world for the most part.

We can see this with reduced hourly requirements, stating only baptized ones will survive Armageddon anc the big push to get kids baptized.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There's a big difference between who claims to be a JW and who is actually a JW.

- JW Periphery: There are those that claim they are JW to a third party researcher: estimated to be ~14M people worldwide, this could be people that were raised, have been baptized or are studying, those that sometimes still attend, those that only attend for the memorial or those that still believe but don't attend etc etc they never really took up another religion, so they're often still counted among the JW by a third party.

- JW Adherents: There are those that the WTBTS claim to be a JW: estimated to be ~7M people worldwide, these are all the people that have been baptized and are regularly doing whatever qualifies them to be counted. These include PIMO, some apostates, some that go through the motions, those that do the minimum in public but in private don't really do anything, those that repeatedly get disfellowshipped for smoking or adultery and then get reinstated a few months later.

- Sheep: There are those that conform to all of it, both in public and in private, but don't really do 'more' than meet the requirements. They are children and family of elders and pioneers, those that have some form of appointment and have to keep up appearances or want the social interaction. They may not believe all of it but they would never say so out loud. I think that's about 2M people, it's really hard to quantify as you have to be "inside", but I would say that accounts for ~30% of any congregation I've ever been in. If the really hard times come, or the "core" falls out of their social fabric (for whatever reason - death, disfellowshipping etc), they quickly spin out to the JW periphery described above and within a few years or a generation they disappear completely.

- Goats: There are those that are hardcore JW's for life. They are pioneers and elders that truly believe. I think based on my personal experience, we're talking less than 500K-1M worldwide and dwindling faster than any of the above groups. They are the ones having part time jobs and giving everything to the WTBTS, they are hard on everyone around them to the point of sociopathy. When they wake up, they crash quickly out of the organization.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''now about circling the wagons snd getting more extreme in order to keep ones in. They know that they no longer are getting anyone from the world for the most part.''

The Borg does seem to be getting more extreme and blunt, Stronger fear-mongering. Like in those bunker videos, or being rounded-up in a meadow with the troopers barging-in.

More fear induced, scare tactics.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Borg does seem to be getting more extreme and blunt, Stronger fear-mongering. Like in those bunker videos, or being rounded-up in a meadow with the troopers barging-in.

And that will continue because they see that the majority of JW's are adhering to the fear mongering.

• hoser
    hoser

I’ve ran out of fingers and toes to count the closed congregations in my part of the world. What they have reported for the last 20 years doesn’t make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit