In what year was the last time wt had negative growth?

by Yomama 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Yomama
    Yomama

Anyone know.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And that was mainly because of the failed 1975 prediction / evident expectation ? of Armageddon.

Was it not ?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Correct.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

1978 - As I recall, since Armageddon didn't happen most everone was disco dancing that year and had little time for food or anything else.

• Aposta-Fish
    Aposta-Fish

1977 only two years after the failed 1975. This is proof the jws lie about their numbers. Infact you can go back to 1927 as more proof. In 1927 Rutherford had lost over 80% of members going to the memorial. A little while later they started the formal preaching campaign and in only a few years Rutherford was starting the two class doctrine as if they had more then a 144,000 members and these news ones had to have some place to go. Smh.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Bergman, in his 2015 report on the mental health of JW's states that upwards of one million JW's left the movement in the aftermath of the 1975 failed prediction.

Why isn't that shown on the chart?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will never have "negative growth" for the simple reason that they can invent any fictitious number they want. If I were to count the numbers, I would use positively military standards and the most brutal honesty possible. Only those who genuinely wished to serve joke-hova would be counted--not those in it for power, show, or because they have no other viable alternatives. Only those that, according to their own theology, would survive Armageddon would be counted. And then I bet there would be a number well below the 1975 peak.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

WTWizard is right, folks... take any growth-related number the Org puts out with a Gibraltor-sized grain of salt.

"Growth = God's Blessing" has, over time, become such an integral cimponent of the JW worldview that from their POV, they have to display it...

...even if it's complete horseshit.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Watchtower claims that there is 8 million JW's , the real number is like 2 million and dropping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit