Born Twice - Die Once .... Born Once - Die Twice

by Perry 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Born once, twice, three times a lady. Thanks Jesus for being so illusory.

Great thread, I've learned much.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Excellent analysis Perry. Thank you for it.

• bohm
    bohm
    If a man is born five times how many times...
  • OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Hey Perry!

Do two overlapping births make one life?

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Perry is studying again.......

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Well, I don't want Jesus inside me

Sounds a bit gay and he did hang around with a bunch of guys all the time.

Yeah it does sound gay - especially when Christians talk about Jesus' second coming and him being inside them, all in the same sentence. Jesus is inside you and he's about to come?! [Cue young, tight-pants-wearing Bapticostal minister shouting euphorically in the background]: "Yes, come Lord Jesus!"

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Once he takes up residence within you

How do you you know if he has taken up residence within you? and how do you get him to do this?

• cofty
    cofty

Science stands on the evidence. Accept it or stay ignorant. Your loss, who cares?

Christianity relies on utopian fantasies and evil threats.

Pathetic.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

An interpretation of the fictional account of Jesus says that he "taught that we must die unto ourselves, and allow the Holy Spirit to take up residence within us."
    People fool themselves into believing that they "get saved by simply inviting Jesus into their hearts, to be the lord of their life." They allow ancient fiction to dictate their morality as they think obedience to ancient fiction is "a countering force within" them "to counterbalance the will of the flesh." You know- normal desires of normal people.

To ensure that Christian churches maintain membership and monetary gain, the churches of various beliefs have this in common- They teach that:

Attempting to live the Christian life without having this spirit within you is a waste of time at the minimum, and dangerous on the downside.

Most folks would agree that the New Testament claims that the resurrection of Jesus is "a well attested fact of history," and that most Christians accept it without a shred of proof.

• Wayward
    Wayward

Perry, you are certainly entitled to believe whatever you like. That doesn't mean I'm going to agree with you. The Bible as we know it today didn't take its final shape before the 4th or 5th centuries. The Gospels weren't written until decades after Jesus (might have) lived and died. How can we be certain what Jesus really (supposedly) said and what was added later or exaggerated along the way?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit