Caitlyn Jenner has cognitive Dissonance

by sherrie11 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

I have just finished watching the latest episode of I am Cait! Lol yes i watch it!!! They were discussing politics. Caitlyn was so forceful with her Republican ideals many of the woman left the room. Later in the episode the women admitted to being frightened by they way she didn't hear their thoughts! It was the perfect example of cognitive dissonance!

http://fusion.net/story/279036/caitlyn-jenner-conservative-politics/ the link is a general glimpse of the episode

Has any one else had experiences that involve those who haven't been in a cult yet are clearly having a moment of cog dis?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Has any one else had experiences that involve those who haven't been in a cult yet are clearly having a moment of cog dis?

Yes, I have, it's quite strange.

I asked on FaceBook why doesn't George Galloway condemn Putin's general warmongering (Ukraine & Syria) and 'collateral damage' in Syria, like he does with the West's warmongering & collateral damage.

And several of GG's fans said it was all made up by Western media that amounted to anti-Putin propoganda. This, despite the British mainstream media giving Putin what I call an 'easy ride'! (there have been no demonstrations by StopTheWarCoalition outside the Russian embassy, etc.)

Most odd ...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There's a thousand jokes here but I'll be polite in just leaves it at is.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    It is possible to be socially liberal, yet support fiscally conservative policies and libertarian ideals of keeping the government out of private citizen's lives.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Bruce (Caitlyn) Jenner is a very rich white man. His outward behavior makes perfect sense.

DY

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Im a lesbian trapped in a mans body 😆
  • HB
    HB

To be honest I think most of us experience brief moments of personal cognitive dissonance in every day life at one time or another whether or not we have been in a cult.

In childhood, it's a daily occurrence often encoraged by parents, eg, small children believe in Father Christmas, magic powers, guardian angels and fairy tales even though logic is clearly against it.

Even when parents insist something is not true, and the child understands logically it's not feasible, the emotion can remain very real and be more powerful than the facts, eg, monsters under the bed, wolves in the forest who could swallow your grandma whole, or an invisible spirit who will punish you if you are badly behaved.

My own childhood cognitive dissonance was not harmful overall..... contrary to all logic, I wanted to believe my teddy bears and dolls came alive and had a party when I was sleeping; and when I fell over, I wanted to believe my Mum's kiss really was magic and miraculously took away the pain of a scraped knee.

As an adult, I am by nature sceptical and try to be rational in all circumstances, but I sometimes catch myself even now.

Take the case of a family member whom you love and always assumed was kind and good and shared your own high principles and moral code. Then you catch them deliberately lying and cheating or being cruel. Cognitive dissonance can click in as you really don't want to believe your relative is flawed, and it allows you to make excuses for them and continue to feel and act as if they are innocent.

It's sadly too easy to use CD to hide facts and evidence from your conscious mind, especially when you have a lot of past history tied up with your belief and especially hard when admitting you were wrong will badly dent your pride and self esteem.

Thats why I deeply admire all you ex JWs who have destroyed the power of cognitive dissonance in your lives and had the humility to face the fact you were wrong, and admit it to others. Not easy but shows a great strength of character.

• macys
    macys
    The recent amount of hate in this forum really disgusts me and is a telling sign of the lines being drawn. You leave a cult because you are awakened and then at the same time spew hate and lies because you do not agree with someone? Really gross.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jenner is an idiot if she/he thinks Republican minded Americans aren't against gays or LGBT people.

What political party has the overwhelming majority of religoius Evangelical people within it ?

Macys the point being made on this thread is not about hating people because they are trans gender but what political ideologies they may hold to..

Criticism upon political choice is not hate its about open discussion and debate.

LGBT is not the focused point of criticism here.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    It's ALL about the ratings. People will do and say anything on so-called reality shows just to get ratings. Made-up drama, made-up problems. I tease my wife from time to time. She loves "Real Housewives of Atlanta"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit