What is this forum for?

by Kate14 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

In Could you give an example of a comment that you feel is belittling? I’m not seeing any. Sometimes when we’re in a low mood or have hit a rough patch we read things into what people say or do. Is it possible that you could be misinterpreting people’s replies?

Either way, why not tell us specifically what’s going on? Maybe we can help, after all, it’s part of the human experience to feel lost and alone at times and it’s also part of the human experience to cheer each other up.

• Simon
    Simon
    I don't understand why there has to be so much hostility and patronising as proved in replies above.

I think that is all in your imagination.

Again, we're not here for people to come and insult us or create drama out of nothing.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Kate,

I hear your plea for help. You don't know how close you are to the Kingdom of God. He thinks you are wonderful btw. Stick it our for a bit longer and you will be encouraged.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I see that some people seem to get off on belittling others.

Surprising for you to say that when you came out and agreed with most people's comments.

No one shouldn't belittle people because they somehow got into something out of being young, careless perhaps, immature, we are all acceptable to get drawn into things particularly when we are young, as the saying goes with age comes wisdom.

Take care Kat14

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Hi Kate14, welcome.

Why is everyone here?

Because everyone's not there.

You see, life doesn't need to be complicated. If you have questions, ask them, the collective wisdom on this forum is frightening.

• Realbavman
    Realbavman

Hi Kate, I didn't see your other thread but there are other forums for people who are lost and confused because of JW stuff (if this is what you mean). If this one isn't fitting you try another on for size. Good luck!

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome to the site. You will figure out how people are here and what the site is about. There’s a lot of different personalities here. If you are sincere and lost , you may get comfort here but if you are insincere and negative, you probably will not like being here. Many people here have a pretty good BS meter. I hope you find happiness.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Hello Kate ...

Some have different opinions here and we wish you the best. We appreciate the positive exchange of ideas to help us understand different perspectives and viewpoints.

Rub a Dub (ver. 2.0)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have always found that people of all persuasions and thinking are tolerated here , whether we agree or not.

what happens is that unpopular views will be challenged, refuted and discussed. You must be prepared to debate with others ,that’s why it’s a discussion. That said, we are primarily here as a support group for ex JW’s ,supplying information about that organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit